Call for Presentations for the 2020 Annual Summit
OEDA invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2020 Annual Summit, themed “Moving the Needle” to be held September 29-October 1 at the Marriott Columbus University Area. This year’s theme focuses on how economic development practitioners continue to make impacts in our communities.
Reflecting upon this year’s theme, we are particularly interested in presentations that include examples of creative solutions and impacts around the areas of infrastructure development, workforce connectivity, as well as business development/business retention strategies.
Submissions can cover the broad topics of economic development, community development, and workforce development that have made impacts and prepared communities for future growth or stabilization. However, you are encouraged to submit specific projects or initiatives that demonstrate direct impacts that have measurable results, overcame long-standing or historical barriers and/or public opinion. Panel presentations are encouraged along with local case studies and examples. Consider:
- A utility or transportation infrastructure project
- Innovative industry – workforce partnership
- Collaboration between private and public entities
- Non-traditional funding partners or programs
- A program or tool was used to access additional resources
The OEDA Annual Summit offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies that have worked in your community.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Complete the Call for Presentations Form in its entirety at http://oeda.formstack.com/forms/2020summitcallforpres by April 6, 2020.
- Break-out sessions will be in 45-minute increments. Presenters are encouraged to keep the prepared content to 35 minutes to allow 10 minutes for questions following the presentation.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program. Submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Summit Planning Committee, and you will be contacted by late May 2020 if your presentation has been selected.
- Annual Summit proposals should not be submitted unless each presenter is available to appear on any day of the Annual Summit (Sept. 30 and Oct. 1). Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking date and time until the agenda is established (after May 31, 2020).
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced the members of the Ohio Economic Business Recovery Advisory Board on Friday, April 3. The group was created to be an advisory board to help state officials as they deal with the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic.read more
OEDA has launched a COVID-19 Resource Center on its website. The Resource Center provides Ohio’s economic development community with resources to help practitioners best serve their business community during the COVID-19 outbreak. OEDA will do all that we can to provide factual information and helpful resources you need as leaders in those efforts.read more
JobsOhio has taken several actions to support Ohio businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. JobsOhio has modified current programs and created temporary programs to provide flexibility and support cash needs of medium and small businesses. These actions support a strategy to address immediate needs while looking toward the near future.read more