Call for Presentations for the 2020 Annual Summit
OEDA invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2020 Annual Summit, themed “Moving the Needle” to be held September 29-October 1 at the Marriott Columbus University Area. This year’s theme focuses on how economic development practitioners continue to make impacts in our communities.
Reflecting upon this year’s theme, we are particularly interested in presentations that include examples of creative solutions and impacts around the areas of infrastructure development, workforce connectivity, as well as business development/business retention strategies.
Submissions can cover the broad topics of economic development, community development, and workforce development that have made impacts and prepared communities for future growth or stabilization. However, you are encouraged to submit specific projects or initiatives that demonstrate direct impacts that have measurable results, overcame long-standing or historical barriers and/or public opinion. Panel presentations are encouraged along with local case studies and examples. Consider:
- A utility or transportation infrastructure project
- Innovative industry – workforce partnership
- Collaboration between private and public entities
- Non-traditional funding partners or programs
- A program or tool was used to access additional resources
The OEDA Annual Summit offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies that have worked in your community.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Complete the Call for Presentations Form in its entirety at http://oeda.formstack.com/forms/2020summitcallforpres by April 6, 2020.
- Break-out sessions will be in 45-minute increments. Presenters are encouraged to keep the prepared content to 35 minutes to allow 10 minutes for questions following the presentation.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program. Submissions will be reviewed by the Annual Summit Planning Committee, and you will be contacted by late May 2020 if your presentation has been selected.
- Annual Summit proposals should not be submitted unless each presenter is available to appear on any day of the Annual Summit (Sept. 30 and Oct. 1). Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking date and time until the agenda is established (after May 31, 2020).
Sometimes it only takes a simple conversation, a spark that lights the fire of collaboration and community partnerships. The simple conversations between OhioMeansJobs-Paulding County and the Paulding County Economic Development Office led to a meeting of the minds between the aforementioned pair, Vancrest of Payne, and Northwest State Community College.read more
The Ohio Department of Development (Development) announced today that the application for the new Transformational Mixed-Use Development Program is open. The program provides a tax credit for major, mixed-use developments in Ohio. Applications are now available on Development’s website.read more
Ohio’s 2022-2023 budget recently signed by Governor DeWine, allocates $500 million in new brownfield funding. Funding will be administered by the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) which must adopt rules for allocation of brownfield funding and the demolition program. The rules will determine project eligibility and administration of the program.read more