Community Development Director – City of Moraine
Full-Time Community Development Director until November 18, 2021
The City of Moraine is looking for an experienced professional with a proven track record in community and economic development to fill the full-time position of Community Development Director. The position provides general staff oversight and budget management of the Community Development Department which includes the offices of the Building & Zoning Administrator, City Engineer and City Planner. The position oversees all aspects of economic development for the City including business retention and expansion, business assistance and incentive administration, and recruitment of new commercial and industrial investment. The Community Development Department promotes and regulates the use, reuse and land development within the City and the capital improvement plan for roadway and public infrastructure.
The expected salary range for this position is approximately $78,400 to $95,400 (depending on qualifications of the selected candidate), with a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance options, retirement plan and a generous leave package.
- Applicants will have a general knowledge of all aspects of Community Development and a comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal government functions as it applies to economic development, incentives, marketing, and business communication. Should have direct experience with Community Reinvestment Areas (CRA), Enterprise Zones (EZ), Forgiveness Loans (FL), the County EDGE program, JobsOhio assistance programs, and other technical community and economic development applications. The position is also expected to play a vital role in both City and regional initiatives and be active with local and state professional affiliations
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in economic development, business attraction, incentive grant writing and a strong acumen in working with business executives along with the ability to represent the City in all public and professional environments
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning or a related field combined with five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in Economic Development with the proven ability to provide oversight to personnel and general budget management is required. Master’s Degree and/or related certifications preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, businesses and the general public
- Possess valid Ohio state driver’s license
- Please include Resume to be considered
Apply for the Job
Save the Date! OEDA Annual Summit September 12-14, 2023
2023 Annual Summit – September 12-14, 2023 – The Nationwide Hotel & Conference Center Ohioread more
Ohio Department of Development Selects MBAC Partners as Part of the Minority Business Assistance Center Network Program
The Ohio Department of Development today announced its selection of hosts to join the Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC) Network Program for the July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025, grant period. They will serve the needs of Ohio’s minority-, women-, veteran-, and disadvantaged businesses for their region.read more
We Can Only Go Up from Here
High Density Mixed Use Planned to Replace Blighted Neighborhood in Whitehall
Like in life, it’s not the hand your dealt that defines you in economic development. It’s about how you play your cards and capitalize on opportunities for your community.