Community Development Director – City of Moraine
Full-Time Community Development Director until November 18, 2021
The City of Moraine is looking for an experienced professional with a proven track record in community and economic development to fill the full-time position of Community Development Director. The position provides general staff oversight and budget management of the Community Development Department which includes the offices of the Building & Zoning Administrator, City Engineer and City Planner. The position oversees all aspects of economic development for the City including business retention and expansion, business assistance and incentive administration, and recruitment of new commercial and industrial investment. The Community Development Department promotes and regulates the use, reuse and land development within the City and the capital improvement plan for roadway and public infrastructure.
The expected salary range for this position is approximately $78,400 to $95,400 (depending on qualifications of the selected candidate), with a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance options, retirement plan and a generous leave package.
- Applicants will have a general knowledge of all aspects of Community Development and a comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal government functions as it applies to economic development, incentives, marketing, and business communication. Should have direct experience with Community Reinvestment Areas (CRA), Enterprise Zones (EZ), Forgiveness Loans (FL), the County EDGE program, JobsOhio assistance programs, and other technical community and economic development applications. The position is also expected to play a vital role in both City and regional initiatives and be active with local and state professional affiliations
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in economic development, business attraction, incentive grant writing and a strong acumen in working with business executives along with the ability to represent the City in all public and professional environments
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning or a related field combined with five to ten years of progressively responsible experience in Economic Development with the proven ability to provide oversight to personnel and general budget management is required. Master’s Degree and/or related certifications preferred.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, businesses and the general public
- Possess valid Ohio state driver’s license
- Please include Resume to be considered
Apply for the Job
Details were recently finalized between the City of Wilmington, the Clinton County Port Authority and the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) (formerly the Ohio Development Services Agency) for the use of a $1.1 million grant in support of repairs to Airborne Road.read more
Northwest State Community College, OhioMeansJobs-Hancock County, City Mission, and Fostoria Learning Center Partner for a Pathway out of Poverty
Northwest State Community College is excited to announce a collaboration with OhioMeansJobs-Hancock County and the City Mission to offer an Introduction to Welding program at the Fostoria Learning Center. This program will provide seven individuals from the City Mission the opportunity to earn valuable welding skills and an OSHA 10-hour certification. This program is designed to provide a pathway for skill attainment, employment with a livable wage, and ultimately a pathway out of homelessness and poverty.read more
The Clean Ohio Fund has allocated more than $1.2 million for projects that will conserve green space and protect bodies of water in Lucas County. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend a meeting December 9 to learn more.read more