Community Lending Officer
Office: Development Finance Authority of Summit County
Classification: Community Lending Officer 2
Immediate Supervisor (Title): Managing Director, Western Reserve Community Fund
Positions Supervised (Title): None
Under general direction:
- Assist in administering loans made through various programs through the Western Reserve Community Fund (WRCF).
- Performs lending functions, including origination and underwriting loans.
- Delivers timely and accurate completion of write ups, loan recommendations and structuring, analysis of business and personal financial statements, and identification of transaction strengths and weaknesses based on Loan Policy guidelines
- Assists and supports in credit structuring and facilitating when demonstrating sound risk management
- Develops and maintains existing relationships with borrowers within the WRCF’s target markets
- Assist with portfolio delinquency management
- Work with borrowers throughout the application, underwriting, and loan closing process
- Ongoing program management
- Engage with WRCF staff in business development, education, and marketing
- Identify potential clients and increase WRCF loan activity
- Works with loan analyst to proactively manage the loan portfolio to ensure timely identification and resolution of issues, accurate assessment, and assignment of loan risks
- Works in consultation with the loan analyst to monitors portfolio for adherence to approved loan requirements and manage post dues, portfolio follow up, credit files, etc.
- Work directly with Managing Director to increase and manage WRCF’s loan pipeline
- One on one coaching, technical assistance, and group education efforts
- Responds to inquiries
- Presents self in a professional, ethical, and culturally sensitive manner to coworkers, partners, and the public
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance
- Performs other duties as requested, directed, and/or assigned
Qualifications or Equivalent Combinations for Training and/or Experience
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferred area of focus in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Three (3) plus years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities to preform the duties of the position
- Knowledge of finance and small business is preferred
- Experience with consumer lending or financial management industry in finance or business administration or closely related discipline
- Minimum three years loan origination and community lending experience is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with real estate, affordable housing, or other financing tools.
- Knowledge of nonprofit lending, community-based financial counseling, and foreclosure prevention principles
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to quickly build a rapport with clients and partners of diverse backgrounds and knowledge levels
- Ability to apply key ratios to financial analysis of clients (Loan To Value, Debt Service Coverage etc.)
- Collect and review documentation to verify accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Manage multiple responsibilities including trouble shooting and resolving problems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically proficient in Excel
- Exposure to lending software
- Self motivated, demonstrate initiative, maintain confidentiality, and adhere to high ethical standards as well as poses a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Must share the mission of WRCF and DFA and have a strong desire to provide access to affordable loan products to underserved businesses and individuals in the WRCF region.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must maintain all required licenses, training, and certification, plus any security clearances.
- Meet and maintain eligibility requirements for bonding.
- Job is physically comfortable, requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, keying, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions
- Work is performed in an office setting and employee will be exposed to normal hazards associated with an office environment
- Employee may be required to travel and access various assigned work sties, other offices, and agencies
- Must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Salary Range: $49,000 – $72,000
For more information and to apply, click here.
The Ohio Export Internship Program matches businesses interested in growing exports with highly motivated college students who have taken export-focused coursework. The Ohio Department of Development offers participating small to medium-sized businesses a 50 percent reimbursement for the wages of the intern.read more
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more