Community Placemaking Program Coordinator – Center for Regional Development – Bowling Green, Ohio
The Community Placemaking Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Reimagining Rural Regions, or R3 Initiative, a joint program of the Center for Regional Development (CRD) and the Center for Public Impact (CPI) within the Division of Research and Economic Engagement. Under the direct supervision of the CRD Senior Director, the Community Placemaking Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing undergraduate and graduate students and coordinating with CRD and CPI staff on the successful implementation of placemaking projects in communities participating in the R3 Initiative as well as implementing community engagement programs for CPI and program evaluation projects for CRD. This is a grant-funded position and continuation of employment is dependent upon the availability of funds.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development, deployment, and mentorship of teams of graduate and undergraduate students to implement community projects as part of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors to coordinate the implementation of community projects as part of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Identify and assist in developing federal, state, and private proposals for external funding to support the continued sustainability of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Assist in the implementation of program evaluation projects at the Center for Regional Development.
- Assist in the implementation of community engagement programs at the Center for Public Impact.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of the economic and community development planning process, including stakeholder engagement techniques.
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct applied research, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of community and economic development.
- Ability to conduct, using a variety of methodological approaches, rigorous evaluation of public and social programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Public administration, political science, public policy, community development and applied economics, economics, city and regional planning or another related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years’ experience in economic, workforce, or community development including report-writing and convening public engagement outreach (surveys, interviews, focus groups)
Master’s degree in public administration, political science, public policy, community development and applied economics, economics, city and regional planning or another relevant field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in evaluating public or social programs
- 1-2 years’ experience in leading or managing student teams or projects
- 1-2 years’ experience in university engagement or outreach
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available. This is a grant-funded position and continuation of employment is dependent upon the availability of funds.
Deadline to apply
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more