Community Placemaking Program Coordinator – Center for Regional Development – Bowling Green, Ohio
The Community Placemaking Program Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Reimagining Rural Regions, or R3 Initiative, a joint program of the Center for Regional Development (CRD) and the Center for Public Impact (CPI) within the Division of Research and Economic Engagement. Under the direct supervision of the CRD Senior Director, the Community Placemaking Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing undergraduate and graduate students and coordinating with CRD and CPI staff on the successful implementation of placemaking projects in communities participating in the R3 Initiative as well as implementing community engagement programs for CPI and program evaluation projects for CRD. This is a grant-funded position and continuation of employment is dependent upon the availability of funds.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development, deployment, and mentorship of teams of graduate and undergraduate students to implement community projects as part of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors to coordinate the implementation of community projects as part of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Identify and assist in developing federal, state, and private proposals for external funding to support the continued sustainability of the Reimagining Rural Regions initiative.
- Assist in the implementation of program evaluation projects at the Center for Regional Development.
- Assist in the implementation of community engagement programs at the Center for Public Impact.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of the economic and community development planning process, including stakeholder engagement techniques.
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct applied research, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of community and economic development.
- Ability to conduct, using a variety of methodological approaches, rigorous evaluation of public and social programs.
Bachelor’s degree in Public administration, political science, public policy, community development and applied economics, economics, city and regional planning or another related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years’ experience in economic, workforce, or community development including report-writing and convening public engagement outreach (surveys, interviews, focus groups)
Master’s degree in public administration, political science, public policy, community development and applied economics, economics, city and regional planning or another relevant field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in evaluating public or social programs
- 1-2 years’ experience in leading or managing student teams or projects
- 1-2 years’ experience in university engagement or outreach
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available. This is a grant-funded position and continuation of employment is dependent upon the availability of funds.
Deadline to apply
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
GA Telesis and Air Transport Services Group to Open Engine Maintenance Facility at Wilmington Air Park
GA Telesis, LLC, a global aviation services integrator, and Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG), a leading provider of aircraft leasing and air cargo transportation and related services, announced they have reached an agreement with the Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA), JobsOhio, and the Ohio Department of Development to open a 72,000 sq. ft. Specialized Procedures Aeroengine Hospital (SPAH) at the Wilmington Air Park in southwestern Ohio.read more
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more