Executive Director – GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC),
GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC), a 501-c-3 public – private partnership, is looking for a dynamic and innovative leader in the field
of economic development to serve as its Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to a 15- member board of directors and is responsible for providing leadership in the development of innovative economic development programs and implementation strategies to promote and support the growth, expansion, and retention of business within the county, creating an entrepreneurial climate, and increasing the tax base in a significant manner.
The mission of GROW Licking County CIC is to provide responsive and individualized economic development support that enables business to expand or locate in Licking County, Ohio. GROW Licking County serves as the community’s lead economic development organization – welcoming development, connecting resources, and increasing opportunities.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the non-profit including managing staff, budgets, committees, and organizational management.
• Knowledge of existing business climate within Licking County, the greater Columbus region, and the State of Ohio.
• Develop and implement attraction and retention programs and other services to assist local businesses.
• Oversee marketing and promotional strategies and programs.
• Research prospective business opportunities.
• Review and make recommendations on proposed development, including incentive proposals, for Licking County and its partner communities.
• Initiates contact and responds to inquiries from the business community and general public regarding development activities.
• Compile reports on development activities.
• Develop and deliver presentations to the Board of Directors and various public/private groups.
• Coordinate local economic development efforts with various public and private organizations involved with local and regional economic development.
• Assist existing and prospective employers in identifying means and methods of obtaining public and/or private assistance for start-up or expansions.
• Oversee the Licking County Tax Incentive Review Commission (TIRC)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, urban planning, public administration, or other related fields.
• 5-7 years relevant economic development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of state/federal and private funding opportunities for business development.
• Self-directed, able to create a plan, prioritize initiatives and execute independently and in collaboration with others, to agreed deadlines.
• Proven professional with the experience and ability to prioritize and triage real-time demands of ongoing projects, campaigns, relationships, and organizational goals.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Mark Johns, Board Chairman of GROW Licking County CIC, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial resumes will be reviewed starting April 30ᵗʰ and the position is open until filled.
Please no phone calls.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more