Executive Director – GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC),
GROW Licking County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC), a 501-c-3 public – private partnership, is looking for a dynamic and innovative leader in the field
of economic development to serve as its Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to a 15- member board of directors and is responsible for providing leadership in the development of innovative economic development programs and implementation strategies to promote and support the growth, expansion, and retention of business within the county, creating an entrepreneurial climate, and increasing the tax base in a significant manner.
The mission of GROW Licking County CIC is to provide responsive and individualized economic development support that enables business to expand or locate in Licking County, Ohio. GROW Licking County serves as the community’s lead economic development organization – welcoming development, connecting resources, and increasing opportunities.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the non-profit including managing staff, budgets, committees, and organizational management.
• Knowledge of existing business climate within Licking County, the greater Columbus region, and the State of Ohio.
• Develop and implement attraction and retention programs and other services to assist local businesses.
• Oversee marketing and promotional strategies and programs.
• Research prospective business opportunities.
• Review and make recommendations on proposed development, including incentive proposals, for Licking County and its partner communities.
• Initiates contact and responds to inquiries from the business community and general public regarding development activities.
• Compile reports on development activities.
• Develop and deliver presentations to the Board of Directors and various public/private groups.
• Coordinate local economic development efforts with various public and private organizations involved with local and regional economic development.
• Assist existing and prospective employers in identifying means and methods of obtaining public and/or private assistance for start-up or expansions.
• Oversee the Licking County Tax Incentive Review Commission (TIRC)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, urban planning, public administration, or other related fields.
• 5-7 years relevant economic development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of state/federal and private funding opportunities for business development.
• Self-directed, able to create a plan, prioritize initiatives and execute independently and in collaboration with others, to agreed deadlines.
• Proven professional with the experience and ability to prioritize and triage real-time demands of ongoing projects, campaigns, relationships, and organizational goals.
For consideration, submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Mark Johns, Board Chairman of GROW Licking County CIC, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial resumes will be reviewed starting April 30ᵗʰ and the position is open until filled.
Please no phone calls.
Over the last year and a half, our world has been shaken, leveling the playing field and giving rise to new opportunities. Ohio has taken advantage of this generational opportunity with new programs and services that strengthen Ohio’s businesses and attract new ones to our state.read more
The Clinton County Port Authority won a Silver Award for its “#EDW2021 in Clinton County” project from the from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). The recognition was awarded in the category of “Innovation in Economic Development Week.”read more
During a meeting Tuesday, Oct. 5, the City of Tiffin Architectural Board of Review (ABR) approved façade grants for Bailiwicks and Behm & Henry. With these approvals, 100 building projects in Downtown Tiffin have now been approved by the ABR for the Façade Enhancement Program.read more