Credit Analyst – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $50,000 – $58,000
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Time Off
Small business commercial real estate and equipment lending, in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
- Work with small businesses to provide and collect loan application documents for signature and explain loan requirements.
- Assist OSDC Loan Officers in underwriting loan requests and preparing loan applications for review by OSDC Board of Directors and authorizing authority.
- Coordinate closing of loans, working with small businesses and OSDC legal counsel. Process includes collection of documents from lending partners and borrowers, analysis of financial statements, preparation of legal documents, and meeting with borrowers to explain documents and obtain signatures.
- Work with small businesses and OSDC Loan Officers to complete servicing actions for existing loans.
- Conduct site visits to businesses applying for OSDC loans and to existing OSDC borrowers to assess risk and/or identify additional OSDC lending opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in loan origination and/or loan closing processes. Propose and implement update to organization processes and policies in coordination with OSDC Executive Director.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree & completion of core coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, or related field
- PC proficiency in word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Experience in analyzing business financial statements a plus
- Driver’s license required
Submit resume with letter of interest to Michael Kinninger, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ohio Export Internship Program matches businesses interested in growing exports with highly motivated college students who have taken export-focused coursework. The Ohio Department of Development offers participating small to medium-sized businesses a 50 percent reimbursement for the wages of the intern.read more
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more