Development Specialist – Clermont County Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED)
The Clermont County Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Specialist. Clermont County is a growing community on the east side of Cincinnati that contains suburban, rural, and historic communities with a range of economic development needs. With a diverse and growing economic base, the county is fiscally stable and actively engaged in promoting economic development to increase the tax base and provide employment opportunities for residents.
The DCED contains several related disciplines and functions which will provide a supportive framework and broader context in which the Development Specialist will perform his/her duties. The DCED includes the divisions of economic development, planning, community development grants and geographic information systems. As an integral part of the department, the Development Specialist will be the one of the people responsible for the following functions:
- Enterprise Zone Program – write individual tax abatement agreements that have been negotiated with expanding companies; manage process of obtaining annual reports from companies and submission to State of Ohio.
- Community Reinvestment Area – responsible for all facets of creating new CRA districts, including housing studies and submission to State of Ohio for approval.
- Marketing – develop content and work collaboratively with Communications Coordinator to create quarterly economic development newsletters and other media content. Update website on a regular basis.
- Lead Response – search available land/building database to respond to requests for sites and buildings from a variety of sources (companies, brokers, JobsOhio, etc.), including preparation of detailed RFIs.
- Business Retention – conduct retention visits with small businesses and provide appropriate aftercare.
- Grant Management – manage the annual process for several small, local grant programs, and occasionally apply for economic development grants that become available from a variety of sources.
This is a terrific position for someone wanting to be engaged in a wide variety of activities, and requires an organized self-starter that enjoys getting out of the office to interact with people while still being able to manage the mandated tasks of a county community and economic development department.
Starting salary is $48,214. Application deadline is 03/05/21.
Clermont County Board of Commissioners offers a variety of desirable benefits to its employees which include: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; Long Term Disability; Flexible Spending Accounts; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); Deferred Compensation Plans (Supplemental Retirement Accounts); Tuition Assistance Program; Vacation; Sick Leave – 15 days per year; Personal Leave – 8 hours per year; Holidays – 10 paid per year; Direct Deposit; Healthy Work Environment – Clermont County provides a Smoke-Free and Drug-Free workplace.
Location : COMMUNITY & ECONOMIC DEVELOP
Posting Start : 02/08/2021
Posting End : 03/05/2021
GA Telesis and Air Transport Services Group to Open Engine Maintenance Facility at Wilmington Air Park
GA Telesis, LLC, a global aviation services integrator, and Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG), a leading provider of aircraft leasing and air cargo transportation and related services, announced they have reached an agreement with the Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA), JobsOhio, and the Ohio Department of Development to open a 72,000 sq. ft. Specialized Procedures Aeroengine Hospital (SPAH) at the Wilmington Air Park in southwestern Ohio.read more
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more