Development Assistant – P3 Pickaway County
As the economic development agent for Pickaway County and its municipalities, P3 has three main objectives: promote and market the advantages of locating business in the county; promote a stronger business environment by facilitating retention and expansion efforts of local employers; and deliver a seamless network of economic development services and value-added programs to existing businesses, local government, and prospective companies throughout Pickaway County.
The Development Assistant will support the Executive Director and Assistant Director with the day-to-day operations of the organization: provide clerical support to include acting as primary receptionist, schedule meetings, organize files & compose correspondence; plan & organize P3 special events and meetings, organize P3 board & committee, and Pickaway County Port Authority (PCPA) meetings, take minutes of P3 board & committee meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all meetings, including but not limited to: P3 Board of Directors meetings, PCPA meetings, Executive Committee and other board committee meetings, special events, and other P3 related meetings.
- Organizes invitations, RSVP’s, the selection and management of meeting facilities, coordination of stakeholders.
- Provides a wide variety of administrative and clerical support, including but not limited to: front desk receptionist duties, maintaining filing systems, updating and maintaining contact databases, handling inquiries and directing them to team members, taking and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Coordinate community outreach and various communication and marketing tasks as needed.
- Manage website updates, and outward facing operations related to social media and public relations.
- Assist in the development and coordination of a P3/community marketing plan to include various channels (print, website, social media)
- Assist in management of data for the projects, site and building databases, record retention, and other duties related to project tracking and in real estate database functions.
- Assist in every aspect and phase of economic and community development projects as needed.
- Opportunity to represent P3 outwardly at specific community, business, and stakeholder functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters are essential.
- Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to represent the organization outwardly: professionalism, interpersonal communication, and ability to work in a public environment required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal work hours to accommodate meetings and events.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Self-starter who can exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- A collaborative attitude, self-determination, and appreciation of community culture.
- Knowledge of social media and websites.
- Public relations, government relations, political or public-policy experience preferred.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time position with regular business hours and schedule flexibility. • Competitive pay, negotiable based upon relevant experience.
- Paid vacation and leave.
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative organizational culture.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ryan Scribner at firstname.lastname@example.org .
When the Digital Futures building officially opens to the public on September 23, the greater Cincinnati region will be one step closer to creating a world-class innovation district in Uptown Cincinnati. The highly anticipated building provides a transdisciplinary space to bring together University of Cincinnati (UC) experts for collaboration that will impact the community, region and global society.read more
A new economic development entity was formed in southern Ohio in 2013 from a $126,000 capital commitment by Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth (FBP), the contractor responsible for decommissioning and decontamination of the Department of Energy Portsmouth site. The Joint Economic Development Initiative of Southern Ohio (JEDISO), led by the economic development directors of Pike, Ross, Scioto and Jackson Counties, has become a driving force for economic development in southern Ohio.read more
“Try-it before you buy-it” concept has been disrupting the decision process. A pop-up community project allows you to “test drive” placemaking concepts and get community feedback and buy-in before spending a lot on a permanent installation.read more