Development Assistant – P3 Pickaway County
As the economic development agent for Pickaway County and its municipalities, P3 has three main objectives: promote and market the advantages of locating business in the county; promote a stronger business environment by facilitating retention and expansion efforts of local employers; and deliver a seamless network of economic development services and value-added programs to existing businesses, local government, and prospective companies throughout Pickaway County.
The Development Assistant will support the Executive Director and Assistant Director with the day-to-day operations of the organization: provide clerical support to include acting as primary receptionist, schedule meetings, organize files & compose correspondence; plan & organize P3 special events and meetings, organize P3 board & committee, and Pickaway County Port Authority (PCPA) meetings, take minutes of P3 board & committee meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all meetings, including but not limited to: P3 Board of Directors meetings, PCPA meetings, Executive Committee and other board committee meetings, special events, and other P3 related meetings.
- Organizes invitations, RSVP’s, the selection and management of meeting facilities, coordination of stakeholders.
- Provides a wide variety of administrative and clerical support, including but not limited to: front desk receptionist duties, maintaining filing systems, updating and maintaining contact databases, handling inquiries and directing them to team members, taking and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Coordinate community outreach and various communication and marketing tasks as needed.
- Manage website updates, and outward facing operations related to social media and public relations.
- Assist in the development and coordination of a P3/community marketing plan to include various channels (print, website, social media)
- Assist in management of data for the projects, site and building databases, record retention, and other duties related to project tracking and in real estate database functions.
- Assist in every aspect and phase of economic and community development projects as needed.
- Opportunity to represent P3 outwardly at specific community, business, and stakeholder functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters are essential.
- Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to represent the organization outwardly: professionalism, interpersonal communication, and ability to work in a public environment required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal work hours to accommodate meetings and events.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Self-starter who can exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- A collaborative attitude, self-determination, and appreciation of community culture.
- Knowledge of social media and websites.
- Public relations, government relations, political or public-policy experience preferred.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time position with regular business hours and schedule flexibility. • Competitive pay, negotiable based upon relevant experience.
- Paid vacation and leave.
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative organizational culture.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ryan Scribner at email@example.com .
Details were recently finalized between the City of Wilmington, the Clinton County Port Authority and the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) (formerly the Ohio Development Services Agency) for the use of a $1.1 million grant in support of repairs to Airborne Road.read more
Northwest State Community College, OhioMeansJobs-Hancock County, City Mission, and Fostoria Learning Center Partner for a Pathway out of Poverty
Northwest State Community College is excited to announce a collaboration with OhioMeansJobs-Hancock County and the City Mission to offer an Introduction to Welding program at the Fostoria Learning Center. This program will provide seven individuals from the City Mission the opportunity to earn valuable welding skills and an OSHA 10-hour certification. This program is designed to provide a pathway for skill attainment, employment with a livable wage, and ultimately a pathway out of homelessness and poverty.read more
The Clean Ohio Fund has allocated more than $1.2 million for projects that will conserve green space and protect bodies of water in Lucas County. Potential applicants are encouraged to attend a meeting December 9 to learn more.read more