Development Assistant – P3 Pickaway County
As the economic development agent for Pickaway County and its municipalities, P3 has three main objectives: promote and market the advantages of locating business in the county; promote a stronger business environment by facilitating retention and expansion efforts of local employers; and deliver a seamless network of economic development services and value-added programs to existing businesses, local government, and prospective companies throughout Pickaway County.
The Development Assistant will support the Executive Director and Assistant Director with the day-to-day operations of the organization: provide clerical support to include acting as primary receptionist, schedule meetings, organize files & compose correspondence; plan & organize P3 special events and meetings, organize P3 board & committee, and Pickaway County Port Authority (PCPA) meetings, take minutes of P3 board & committee meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all meetings, including but not limited to: P3 Board of Directors meetings, PCPA meetings, Executive Committee and other board committee meetings, special events, and other P3 related meetings.
- Organizes invitations, RSVP’s, the selection and management of meeting facilities, coordination of stakeholders.
- Provides a wide variety of administrative and clerical support, including but not limited to: front desk receptionist duties, maintaining filing systems, updating and maintaining contact databases, handling inquiries and directing them to team members, taking and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Coordinate community outreach and various communication and marketing tasks as needed.
- Manage website updates, and outward facing operations related to social media and public relations.
- Assist in the development and coordination of a P3/community marketing plan to include various channels (print, website, social media)
- Assist in management of data for the projects, site and building databases, record retention, and other duties related to project tracking and in real estate database functions.
- Assist in every aspect and phase of economic and community development projects as needed.
- Opportunity to represent P3 outwardly at specific community, business, and stakeholder functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professionalism and discretion in handling highly confidential matters are essential.
- Excellent communication, research, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to represent the organization outwardly: professionalism, interpersonal communication, and ability to work in a public environment required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal work hours to accommodate meetings and events.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Self-starter who can exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- A collaborative attitude, self-determination, and appreciation of community culture.
- Knowledge of social media and websites.
- Public relations, government relations, political or public-policy experience preferred.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time position with regular business hours and schedule flexibility. • Competitive pay, negotiable based upon relevant experience.
- Paid vacation and leave.
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative organizational culture.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ryan Scribner at email@example.com .
Join Your Peers at OEDA’s Core Courses, Starting in May!
The month of May brings the first of OEDA’s Core Skills Courses, with the Business Retention and Expansion Course taking place May 25-26. Read about all of the upcoming Core Courses here.read more
Ohio Air Quality Development Authority Builds a Strong Economy and Healthier Ohio
The Ohio Air Quality Development Authority (OAQDA) recently released its 2022 annual report, highlighting key results, video case studies and introducing a new tool to better measure the agency’s impact across the state.read more
Geauga Growth Partnership Holds Annual Business Meeting
Geauga Growth Partnership’s (GGP) Annual Business Meeting was a wonderful success, with over 170 local business owners, government officials, and community partners in attendance. The meeting took place on Wednesday, April 12th at 7:30 am, and was filled with engaging conversations and insightful presentations. One of the highlights of the event was the discussion with Mark Schweitzer, Senior Vice President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland. Attendees were able to gain valuable insights into economic trends and predictions of the business landscape.read more