City Planner – City of Wooster
The City Planner is responsible for all aspects of planning, researching, and analyzing data related to City planning and zoning. This position serves as an administrative liaison to various boards and commissions, and enforces the City’s planning and zoning codes. The position has substantial interface with all the departments of the City, city residents, developers and contractors. The City Planner will work cooperatively with others and establish effective working relationships with citizens, developers, and public officials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning/closely related field
- Five years progressive experience in City Planning
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master’s Degree in Planning preferred
- AICP certification preferred or able to obtain
- GIS Certification preferred
* Excellent Wage and Benefit package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, educational assistance and other voluntary benefits
*Ohio Pension Employee Retirement System (OPERS) participation with 3.5% additional employer pick-up
* Earn vacation and sick benefits as soon as you begin work
*Experience a great work atmosphere and work life balance
* And many more benefits
Become part of a team that values
– Accountability & Continuous Improvement
-Leadership & Management
– Repect & Communication
– Honest & Integrity
– Stewardship & Trust
A detailed job description and application can be found at https://www.woosteroh.com/human-resources/careers.
The application deadline is Sunday, October 24, 2021.
The City of Delaware welcomes Cody Hatten as its new Economic Development Coordinator.
Hatten previously served in various capacities with the Lawrence Economic Development Corporation in Lawrence County, Ohio. His positions included Economic Development Specialist and Director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau.read more
The 2022 Ohio Basic Economic Development Course (OBEDC) is an intensive training experience for economic development practitioners, community leaders, local government officials and others committed to building healthy economies for their communities.read more
OEDA has two important sessions taking place in February, 2022 that will be of interest,read more