Director, Business Development – REDI Cincinnati
The Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI) Cincinnati is the first point of contact for any company looking to locate to or expand within the 15-county Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) of Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana. An award-winning organization, REDI Cincinnati’s purpose is to unite the region to compete globally to bring job creation and capital investment to the region. We are the Southwest Ohio JobsOhio network partner.
We are currently seeking a full-time Director of Business Development to join our talented, professional staff of about 20 people leading the economic development efforts for the region.
This role reports to the Vice President of Growth.
The ideal candidate is a go-getter with a strong motivation to help in the region’s growth and success. He or she will have the freedom to create structure around the process of business development under the supervision of the Vice President of Growth. This person logically examines facts and situations and has a desire for action and the willingness to accept responsibility. He or she will be responsible for setting up systems that are process oriented and support the team to successfully execute on strategy for exceptional results.
A willingness to be persistent in sales despite encountering significant obstacles or rejection is a must. Attention to detail and ability to follow through are essential traits in executing a business development strategy. Having an interest in building and maintaining relationships, will allow this person to have meaningful interaction and successful outcomes with our clients, investors and team members.
He or she is enthusiastic about REDI’s purpose and excited towards the team and one’s own goals. The role will assist in building the business development strategy including responsibility for targeted attraction strategies in the advanced manufacturing and technology sectors, enhancing our relationships with project multipliers, and supporting REDI’s site selector engagement.
This person can collaborate in a team environment yet will be responsible for managing the advanced manufacturing and technology portfolio. The Director is comfortable working under deadlines and busy schedules and has a proven record of influencing others. The ideal candidate is proactive, assertive, hard-working and likes to win.
The Director, Business Development, is responsible for helping to create and implement REDI’s strategy in targeted business attraction, enhancing our relationships with project multipliers, and supporting REDI’s site selector engagement. Working in the day-to-day details of this strategy with a small team is the top priority for this role. Building relationships with local economic developers, state officials, site consultants and company executives is imperative. This is a high-profile position interacting and building relationships with REDI investors, prospects and community leaders locally and on a national scale.
- Manage domestic business development travel details for each mission including planning, communication to investors, budgeting, and reporting.
- Ensure the Customer Relationship Management system is robust, accurate and complete for business development tracking and reporting for the advanced manufacturing and technology sectors.
- Co-develop metrics for success as it relates to the manufacturing and technology sectors, continuously monitor progress, and adjust efforts against performance indicators.
- Support project management efforts as outlined by REDI Cincinnati’s project management strategy.
- Build and maintain positive, productive relationships with stakeholders, including investors, higher education, community leaders, local economic developers, existing companies in Greater Cincinnati and elected officials to sustain the business development strat4egy and reach our goals in job creation and capital investment.
Please note this position profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Direct or consultative sales experience
- Proven record in developing and implementing strategy
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Technology savvy
- Previous economic development experience preferred
To apply, email Andrea at AEnders@REDICincinnati.com.
The Ohio Export Internship Program matches businesses interested in growing exports with highly motivated college students who have taken export-focused coursework. The Ohio Department of Development offers participating small to medium-sized businesses a 50 percent reimbursement for the wages of the intern.read more
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more