Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
Over the last year and a half, our world has been shaken, leveling the playing field and giving rise to new opportunities. Ohio has taken advantage of this generational opportunity with new programs and services that strengthen Ohio’s businesses and attract new ones to our state.read more
The Clinton County Port Authority won a Silver Award for its “#EDW2021 in Clinton County” project from the from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). The recognition was awarded in the category of “Innovation in Economic Development Week.”read more
During a meeting Tuesday, Oct. 5, the City of Tiffin Architectural Board of Review (ABR) approved façade grants for Bailiwicks and Behm & Henry. With these approvals, 100 building projects in Downtown Tiffin have now been approved by the ABR for the Façade Enhancement Program.read more