Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
Marketing helps but a fancy web site cannot replace a strong site development plan that illustrates an Opportunity Zone is prepared for development. Creating an Opportunity Zone site development plan involves five steps that includes the creation of site plans and infrastructure finance strategies, enacting land use entitlements and tax incentives, advocating for a state and local Opportunity Zone public policy agenda, marketing the Opportunity Zone and seeking professional guidance to operate an Opportunity Zone by seeking investors.read more
Maybe it is a silly question since the ink on the IRS regulations are not dry nor are the even written in ink but economic development, elected officials and real estate developers are asking the question—is our region already behind in attracting capital for Opportunity Zones? The answer to four questions determines if your region is behind in this critical economic development opportunity.read more
The Uptown Consortium enlisted Sasaki, a global planning and design firm, to complete the master plan for the Uptown Innovation Corridor in Cincinnati. Bringing a broad, comprehensive vision to the table, the firm is working to articulate a thoughtful implementation framework that balances land use, urban design, placemaking and real estate strategies. The result is an execution roadmap to create a world-class urban district.read more