Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
Ohio CDC Association is partnering with Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) to bring the National Development Council (NDC) Housing Development Finance Training to Ohio.
NDC offers this nationally renowned training program that builds the development finance capacity for professionals working at every level and for every sector of the economic, housing and community development profession.read more
Communities driven by private sector technology developments will move to create Smart Communities to address transportation, public service, safety and utility challenges in 2019. Smart Community models are driven by Information Age technology known as the Internet of Things (IoT) and self-driving vehicles known as Autonomous Vehicles (AVs).read more
The Champaign Economic Partnership’s new business liaison, Ashley Cook, is providing students and others in Champaign County an inside look at local manufacturing facilities and the career opportunities they offer.read more