Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2019 class of OhioCEDs — Certified Economic Developersread more
As is the case for Ohio and as you all know, the most successful economic development efforts can be directly attributed to the assembly of a talented, highly cohesive and cross-functional team. Earlier this year, our statewide economic development network gained two engaged and energetic advocates in Gov. Mike DeWine and Lt. Gov. Jon Husted. Both are already passionate about being involved.read more
Communities across Ohio are realizing their possibilities for growth because of the investments Ohio is undertaking. Ohio has 320 Qualified Opportunity Zones in 73 counties, and the Ohio Development Services Agency is working to help local communities make the most of the opportunities.read more