Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
When the Digital Futures building officially opens to the public on September 23, the greater Cincinnati region will be one step closer to creating a world-class innovation district in Uptown Cincinnati. The highly anticipated building provides a transdisciplinary space to bring together University of Cincinnati (UC) experts for collaboration that will impact the community, region and global society.read more
A new economic development entity was formed in southern Ohio in 2013 from a $126,000 capital commitment by Fluor-BWXT Portsmouth (FBP), the contractor responsible for decommissioning and decontamination of the Department of Energy Portsmouth site. The Joint Economic Development Initiative of Southern Ohio (JEDISO), led by the economic development directors of Pike, Ross, Scioto and Jackson Counties, has become a driving force for economic development in southern Ohio.read more
“Try-it before you buy-it” concept has been disrupting the decision process. A pop-up community project allows you to “test drive” placemaking concepts and get community feedback and buy-in before spending a lot on a permanent installation.read more