Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
The Ohio Economic Development Association is pleased to announce that seven economic development practitioners have been awarded the credential of Ohio Certified Economic Developer (Ohio CED) during the organization’s 2018 Annual Excellence Awards ceremony held Columbus, Ohio on October 17, 2018. The following individuals have been awarded the Ohio Certified Economic Developer (Ohio CED) credential:read more
OEDA would like to take this opportunity to thank the following individuals who served as mentors for the first cohort of Ohio CED candidates:
Greg Davis, Ohio State University Extension
Harry Eadon, Economic Development & Finance Alliance of Tuscawaras County
Jeremiah Gracia, City of Dublin
Anthony Jones, City of Gahanna
Chris Lipson, City of Dayton
Lisa Patt McDaniel, Workforce Development Board of Central Ohio
David Zak, Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership
ATHENS, Ohio – Ohio University’s Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Affairs will receive $1.6 million from the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration to fund a new program to assist southeastern Ohio communities affected by the decline of the coal industry.read more