Econ & Busn Development Mgr
|Position Summary: Provides overall Economic Development direction and support in an assigned region of the AEP service territory. This position is focused on Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service area of West Virginia.|
1. Proactively identifies and manages business relationships with West Virginia state, regional and local economic development organizations.2. Develop a marketing strategy and work plan to generate business leads and work to secure revenue producing investment in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power service territory.3. Serve as a key resource to Company personnel involved in Marketing and Customer Services, External Affairs and Economic Development areas.
4. Manage and respond to proposals for companies requesting, community information, buildings or sites, and electric rate and capacity information in the Appalachian Power and Wheeling Power.
5. Support the overall economic and business development efforts for the company in a variety of capacities.
6. Assume other duties and special assignments as necessary.
7. Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company’s Corporate Compliance Policy.
Bachelors degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred with a minimum of 5 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR Associate’s degree with minimum of 7 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
OR High school diploma / GED with 8 years of economic/business development including industry-specific experience.
Certified Economic Development Professional designation or similar certification preferred. Master’s degree preferred. Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills. Strong oral and written communications skills, with ability to build relationships and achieve objectives through collaboration with multiple entities both within and outside the organization. Demonstrated ability to strategically manage economic development projects.
Click here to Apply
On November 13 and 14, JobsOhio was honored to partner with the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) and the Dayton Development Coalition to hold AFLCMC Pitch Days at Carillon Historical Park in the Dayton region. The two-day event connected industry, venture capital and the U.S. Air Force together to facilitate support for cutting-edge technologies. These were the first Pitch Days held in Dayton, but we anticipate they will not be the last.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Institute is pleased to announced that the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) has approved OEDI to be an approved Certification Management (CM) provider.read more
(WILMINGTON, OHIO) The Clinton County Port Authority (Port Authority) received a Notice of Project Approval (NPA) indicating that it has successfully secured grant funds from the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) FY2020 Ohio Airport Grant Program. These funds will be leveraged with Port Authority funds to complete repairs of concrete infrastructure on Taxiway A and Taxiway C, as well as replace lighted signs along Runway 22R/4L.read more