Economic Development Administrator
Position Type: Full-time; Non-Bargaining Unit
Address: 101 N Sandusky Street, Delaware, Ohio 43015
Typical Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Starting Pay Range: $80,000 to $100,000 (Commensurate with Experience/ Opportunity for Performance Based Bonuses)
Individual serves as an action oriented project professional that works to proactively identify, initiate and execute economic development incentive program opportunities for new and prospective businesses in Delaware County for the Economic Development Department the Delaware County Finance Authority. The individual shall report to the Economic Development Director and work closely with the Delaware County Finance Authority as well as other staff members in the Economic Development Department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration or other related field combined with 6-10 years relevant experience in economic development incentive programs, public financing and bonding at the state and local levels. International Economic Development Council Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) certification a plus. Must meet and maintain qualifications for driving on county business as a continued condition of employment. All required licenses and certificates must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with Economic Development Director and new, current and prospective businesses looking to locate in Delaware County to evaluate and analyze economic development incentive programs available from the Finance Authority as well as the County Economic Development Department. Potential programs may include but are not limited to: Sales Tax Waiver, Bond Financing, PACE Programs, CRAs, TIFs, etc., within the scope of authority;
- Implement and manage the approved business attraction program: identification of and travel to conferences/trade shows, creating marketing materials, developing the target list for business attraction activities and reaching out to key industry sectors to promote Delaware County;
- Prepare financial analysis to evaluate the impact of the potential incentive programs;
- Review incentive program analysis with members of Finance Authority, Economic Development Director, County Engineer, Sanitary Engineer, County Administrator and County Officials as necessary to receive feedback on potential programs and proposals;
- Review proposals with new and prospective businesses and work with the Finance Authority, Economic Development Director and other key staff on incentive program negotiations;
- Coordinate with prospective businesses (and their consultants) and County and Finance Authority professional consultants on review and execution of program documents, including applications, term sheets, etc.;
- Maintain and update project list that includes incentive type, lead, potential value and fee, status;
- Builds relationships with the County’s business community and other regional, state, and international partners to recognize and develop policies and programs to aid in improving economic development practices in the County;
- Works with and offers support to a dynamic team with the Economic Development Director, Economic Development Coordinator and other specific staff related to the project focus;
- Builds and maintains quality relationships with community partners and the regional economic development community, including but not limited to the Mid-Ohio Development Exchange, Columbus 2020, Jobs Ohio, Ohio Development Services Agency, local chambers of commerce and NAIOP designated educational institutions;
- Monitors key performance indicators demonstrating the County’s overall economic performance, including vacancy rates, lease rates, employment statistics and income tax revenues relative to the Columbus Region and other peer communities;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs, policies and proposes alternatives when necessary;
- Hold as confidential, all aspects of the job;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Attends various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops.
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works overtime and outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required;
- Attends Finance Authority Board Meetings to answer questions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Visit our website at http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/ for complete job description and to apply.
M / F / V / D
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will assess the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced at a ceremony during the OEDA Annual Summit to be held October 16-18 at The Renaissance Columbus Downtown. All award finalists and winners will be notified prior to the Annual Summit so as to make appropriate arrangements.read more
Fiscal Impact Analysis can be a valuable tool to understand the costs and benefits of development. But FIA can be a complex process that is difficult for policy makers and citizens to comprehend.read more
Ninety percent of the Kenworth Class-8 global truck volume is built in Chillicothe, Ohio!
On April 24, 2019, the community celebrated the groundbreaking for a new paint facility that will improve efficiency and preserve the quality of The World’s Best Truck. The project represents $140 million in capital investment and will bring 100 new, great paying jobs to Ross County upon its completion in 2021. The Kenworth Chillicothe plant, which opened in 1974, currently employs more than 2300 people. In addition to the new paint facility, a $30 million robotic cab assembly system will be installed this summer.read more