Economic Development Administrator
Position Type: Full-time; Non-Bargaining Unit
Address: 101 N Sandusky Street, Delaware, Ohio 43015
Typical Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Starting Pay Range: $80,000 to $100,000 (Commensurate with Experience/ Opportunity for Performance Based Bonuses)
Individual serves as an action oriented project professional that works to proactively identify, initiate and execute economic development incentive program opportunities for new and prospective businesses in Delaware County for the Economic Development Department the Delaware County Finance Authority. The individual shall report to the Economic Development Director and work closely with the Delaware County Finance Authority as well as other staff members in the Economic Development Department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration or other related field combined with 6-10 years relevant experience in economic development incentive programs, public financing and bonding at the state and local levels. International Economic Development Council Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) certification a plus. Must meet and maintain qualifications for driving on county business as a continued condition of employment. All required licenses and certificates must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with Economic Development Director and new, current and prospective businesses looking to locate in Delaware County to evaluate and analyze economic development incentive programs available from the Finance Authority as well as the County Economic Development Department. Potential programs may include but are not limited to: Sales Tax Waiver, Bond Financing, PACE Programs, CRAs, TIFs, etc., within the scope of authority;
- Implement and manage the approved business attraction program: identification of and travel to conferences/trade shows, creating marketing materials, developing the target list for business attraction activities and reaching out to key industry sectors to promote Delaware County;
- Prepare financial analysis to evaluate the impact of the potential incentive programs;
- Review incentive program analysis with members of Finance Authority, Economic Development Director, County Engineer, Sanitary Engineer, County Administrator and County Officials as necessary to receive feedback on potential programs and proposals;
- Review proposals with new and prospective businesses and work with the Finance Authority, Economic Development Director and other key staff on incentive program negotiations;
- Coordinate with prospective businesses (and their consultants) and County and Finance Authority professional consultants on review and execution of program documents, including applications, term sheets, etc.;
- Maintain and update project list that includes incentive type, lead, potential value and fee, status;
- Builds relationships with the County’s business community and other regional, state, and international partners to recognize and develop policies and programs to aid in improving economic development practices in the County;
- Works with and offers support to a dynamic team with the Economic Development Director, Economic Development Coordinator and other specific staff related to the project focus;
- Builds and maintains quality relationships with community partners and the regional economic development community, including but not limited to the Mid-Ohio Development Exchange, Columbus 2020, Jobs Ohio, Ohio Development Services Agency, local chambers of commerce and NAIOP designated educational institutions;
- Monitors key performance indicators demonstrating the County’s overall economic performance, including vacancy rates, lease rates, employment statistics and income tax revenues relative to the Columbus Region and other peer communities;
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programs, policies and proposes alternatives when necessary;
- Hold as confidential, all aspects of the job;
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance;
- Attends various training sessions, video conferences, and workshops.
- Performs typing, word processing, and related computer operations;
- Works overtime and outside of typical work schedule/business hours as required;
- Attends Finance Authority Board Meetings to answer questions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Visit our website at http://www.co.delaware.oh.us/ for complete job description and to apply.
M / F / V / D
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more