Economic Development Specialist – Ohio University’s Voinovich School of Leadership & Public Affairs – Proctorville, Ohio Branch
THIS POSITION LOCATION IS LAWRENCE COUNTY, OHIO/HUNTINGTON, WV MSA.
THIS IS A GRANT-FUNDED POSITION. EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTINUED FUNDING FROM THE GRANT PROVIDER.
This position requires a flexible, team player who will assist faculty, professional staff, & students w/technical assistance, applied research, data compilation/analysis, project administration, oral presentations, & report writing in the area of community & economic development. Position will directly apply knowledge of local & state economic development policies & tools specific to OH.
Essential Duties, Task and Responsibilities:
• Interact and engage with external stakeholders (public, private and non-profit) on economic and workforce development initiatives in the region.
• Compiling & analyzing publicly available economic, demographic, industry, & occupational data; conducting industry cluster & economic impact analyses, asset mapping; & other research using common economics-based statistical techniques.
• Develop written reports and oral presentations to communicate research, data, and thought leadership to stakeholders.
• Assist the supervisor & other faculty & staff with writing grant proposals & managing projects.
Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with Port Authorities, Special Improvement Districts, Joint Economic Development Districts, tax abatement/credit programs, enterprise bond funds, grant programs, workforce development, real estate redevelopment & other tools available to support economic development efforts in OH.
• Strong oral communication skills are required to present to stakeholders & represent the School in public & private meetings.
• Strong academic & professional writing skills are required to contribute to research reports.
The position will assist the supervisor and other faculty and staff with writing grant proposals and managing projects. Experience with research and practice grounded in economic concepts and their application in a rural area is preferred.
This position is based at Ohio University’s Proctorville campus.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a grant funded position and is available immediately after the search.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in city and regional planning, or economics/agricultural economics, or public policy, or a similar field. One to two years of work experience is also required. Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as needed to fulfill job duties.
For a complete job description and to apply for the position, please visit:
For full consideration please apply by November 5, 2019.
ROSEVILLE – Nearly a decade of grant-funded projects are transforming the village of Roseville.
Few will have the impact of a the new supermarket building. “It will be the centerpiece of a new downtown,” said Heidi Milner, the village’s fiscal officer.
It is nearing completion on part of the former Ungemach Pottery site on Potters Lane. Construction was funded by $750,000 in grants, the bulk of which was a USDA Rural Development Grant, and local investment. The new building features a grocery store, restaurant space and a walk-up window that could be used for ice cream orders. Garage doors on each side of the dining area will give it a pleasant summer atmosphere, as will a patio behind the building that opens facing the levy.read more
Midway Market in Ostrander is set to double its size and add much-needed services, thanks in part to a loan facilitated by Consolidated Cooperative.
Ostrander’s only convenience store and gas station, Midway Market will double the square footage of the convenience and grocery store and add a car and pet wash.read more
WILMINGTON, OH — The Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA) recently launched a new website, created by Golden Shovel Agency, to further strengthen its online presence and the economic growth of the community. The new site includes county-wide data, information specifically collected for site selectors, and local business resources to serve as a one-stop-shop for companies considering new investment or expansion in Clinton County.read more