Mobility Manager – Clinton County Community Action
POSITION: Mobility Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DEPARTMENT: Mobility Management
The primary role of the Mobility Manager is to both enhance and promote regional mobility in the Clinton County service area. This position will be responsible for mobility management which, under the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) definition, “consists of short-range planning, management activities and projects for improving coordination among public and private transportation service providers with the intent of expanding the availability of services.’ The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of existing transportation services within the region; developing new regional transportation services; and promoting available transportation resources to the region’s residents, businesses and organizations.
The Mobility manager reports to the Executive Director. At all times the Manger shall keep the Executive Director and Board properly advised on all policy matters. The Mobility Manager shall have the overall responsibility for recommending policy to the Executive Director and, where appropriate, the Board, and upon Board authorization, shall effectively implement those policies. The Mobility Manager must be willing to attend training seminars and other courses necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position. In addition, this employee shall display a positive and cooperative attitude in working with all other staff, providers, and the community.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of human service and general public transportation services in the service area.
- Responsible for the development and administration of new programs to support coordinated transportation. Required to update the Coordinated Plan.
- Facilitate regular meetings of public transportation providers in the Clinton county service area in order to develop collaborative strategies to improve regional mobility.
- Identifies short and long term planning needs and develops programs to implement planning efforts. Develop and maintain resources to sustain the program. Responsible for obtaining funding resources for transportation/vehicle issues.
- Respond to questions and inquiries from Board members and from the community in a timely fashion.
- Establish all office procedures, policies and routines to support the delivery of coordinated transportation services.
- Determine and assess service delivery areas, provider utilization, and geographical assignments. Develop, implement and monitor a system safety plan.
- Create and submit the annual application for the Mobility Management funding.
- Monitor budget expenditures and take appropriate actions to modify services so that budgets are not exceeded in coordination with the fiscal department. Responsible for completing and submitting monthly invoices.
- Authorize all program expenditures and purchases upon prior approval of the Executive Director.
- Coordinate with investors on obtaining matching funds required for the program.
- Attend local interest group meetings to explain transportation options within the county, develop and implement other marketing programs designed to increase positive consumer awareness with regard to transportation services.
- Assure that all local, state, and federal polices, rules and regulations are properly implemented and followed during the provision of Clinton County coordinated transportation services. Coordinate with local businesses, funding sources and local government.
- Oversee annual customer satisfaction survey and provide a report to the Board. Responsible for coordinating Council meetings.
- Any other duty or responsibility necessary to develop and maintain effective service operation and good public relations.
- Must have a valid Ohio drivers license, be insurable, ability to travel for meetings. Self motivated, self starter, ability to write grants, ability to market the program. Ideal candidate would have ability to work independently.
- At least 2 years of background in communications, sales, marketing or related field.
Submit a resume with cover letter to email@example.com by November 11. Interviews will be held on November 19th and 20th.
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more
Government agencies and prime contractors that award billions of dollars in contracts will meet in-person with small businesses in Ohio at the 2022 Ohio Business Matchmaker, the largest small business-to-government contracting event in the state.read more