Executive Assistant – Jefferson County Port Authority
The Jefferson County Port Authority (JCPA) has an opening for an Executive Assistant reporting to the Executive Director. The JCPA serves as the county’s comprehensive economic development agency, representing all local communities in site improvement and marketing strategies, corporate site selection, and business retention and expansion programs.
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director will work with local and outside business leaders, site selectors, other economic developers and government officials. This position requires an elevated degree of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism as this individual is sometimes the first impression of the JCPA and Jefferson County, Ohio. The position is full-time and has a starting salary between $33,000 and $42,900, depending on qualifications and experience, PERS benefits and paid time off. Hours are Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Serves as first point of contact for JCPA;
- Coordinate and manage onsite and virtual meetings;
- Monitor and screen incoming telephone calls, coordinate correspondence as needed;
- Prepare quality and accurate documents such as correspondences, notices, resolutions, and administrative actions;
- Attend Board meetings and prepare Board Agenda and Meeting Minutes and resolutions;
- Create presentations, spreadsheets, and documentations;
- Maintain project files, including hard copies and electronic formats;
- Collect, review, and organize project documentation and deliverables;
- Organize filing system; and,
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
- Maintain website and develop social media presence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to work independently;
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Proficient on Internet and Social Media platforms – web design experience a plus;
- An aptitude for research and statistics;
- Experience leading a team or project;
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy and willing to take full ownership of assigned work;
- Strong interpersonal and project/time management skills;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a professional demeanor;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize quickly when urgent needs arise;
- Desire to produce high-quality work and earn respect;
- Ability to adapt to different people and work assignments; and,
- Grant writing experience
- Communication – Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; and, communicates effectively using two way communication through strong verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Strategic Thinking – Thinks “big picture:; forward thinking and adept at seeing future outcomes and results; and, commits to a course of action to accomplish individual, team and organizational goals.
- Team Builder – Recognizes the value of team work and being an effective contributor to the team that drives desired results.
- Customers Centricity – Aware of JCPA stakeholders needs and prioritizes and makes decisions with JCPA stakeholders in mind; and builds strong customer relationships.
The following requirements list the minimum education/training/experience required to qualify for this job. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be accepted.
- Associates’ degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, administrative services or a related field; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Two years related administrative experience.
- Posses, or obtain prior to employment, a valid driver’s license with proof of insurance in the amount of $100,000/$300,000/$100.00. Note: license must be maintained throughout employment.
None/Receives direct guidance from the Executive Director.
The physical demands described here are representative of those to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. The employee is regularly required to stand, sit and walk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to handle and feel; reach with hands, and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a moderate noise level in the office work environment. Subject to remain on duty beyond normal hours during emergency situations or other extensive periods.
JCPA will be accepting resumes until 5:00 p.m. EST on April, 1, 2022. Resumes, cover letters, and any questions should be sent electronically to JCPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At OEDA, we are thankful for our members who are passionately committed to the success of their communities and advancing Ohio’s economy. Over the past year, we’ve appreciated having you as part of our community of economic development professionals and are grateful for the opportunity to be your partner again in 2023.read more
As your partner for success at every step of your career, OEDA strives to provide high-impact training opportunities for our members each year. The foundation of that training is our Basic Economic Development Course (Ohio BEDC). This year’s course will be held from May 1-4 in Dublin, Ohio, and Early Bird Registration is open from now until March 1.read more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Workforce Collaborative hosted its first meeting of the year on Thursday, January 19. With almost 40 individuals present, representing schools, businesses, service providers, and community organizations, members reviewed accomplishments from 2022, established a new meeting structure for 2023, and discussed how their current efforts can continue to meet the needs of the local community.read more