Executive Director – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $130,000 – $150,000 + annual bonus based on performance
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204;
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off
Non-profit organization working in small business commercial real estate and equipment lending. Lending done in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
Oversees non-profit Certified Development Company with a $100+ million portfolio and professional staff of 8
- Evaluate new programmatic opportunities and set strategic objectives for organization in consultation with Board of Directors
- Communicate with Board of Directors and keep all Board members informed on organizational objectives
- Coordinate and present materials at regularly scheduled Board meetings
- Develop and implement annual budget
- Represent organization to outside stakeholders and centers of influence through marketing, networking events,social media, etc.
- Supervise professional staff of 8 employees
- Serve as de facto Chief Credit Officer of organization; reviewing approximately 60-70 loan requests annually
- Interact with OSDC Loan Origination Team and field questions from lenders about potential loan requests and provide oversight on loan structuring and eligibility
- Oversee Loan Servicing and Closing teams, providing regular oversight and decisioning on non-routine issues
- Ensure company complies with all administrative/regulatory/legal requirements
- Five years of experience in leadership of a commercial lending environment or economic development organization or eight years of experience in business banking or economic development
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail is a must
- Valid driver’s license is required
- SBA lending experience is a plus
Submit resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because this position requires strong communication skills and attention to detail, extra consideration will be given to candidates that submit a thorough, well-written cover letter.
About three months ago, we launched our Recovery Within Reach campaign, a first-of-its-kind effort to educate Ohioans about the financial effects of opioid addiction — and to connect them with treatment options close to their homes.
Our goal is to create a new way of talking about addiction, one in which people consider the facts and practical realities of how substance use disorder affects their lives. Not long ago, Gov. Mike DeWine challenged all of us in state government to think of ways we could help Ohioans navigate the opioid crisis that has affected our state for so long. For us, that meant considering the financial effects of addiction — and providing tools and trainings to help Ohioans and financial advisers talk about addiction and access care.read more
Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) received $45 million in New Markets Tax Credits, which it will use to spur development in transformational projects in Uptown Cincinnati.read more
Newark Development Partners (NDP), the community improvement corporation for the City of Newark, continues to further development in the Downtown through various projects. The sale of the Hudson Avenue Church with surrounding property, the renewal of the Downtown Special Improvement District and the commencement of construction at the Historic Arcade are all recent successes for the City of Newark.read more