Executive Director – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $130,000 – $150,000 + annual bonus based on performance
Reports to: Board of Directors
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204;
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Holidays; Paid Time Off
Non-profit organization working in small business commercial real estate and equipment lending. Lending done in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
Oversees non-profit Certified Development Company with a $100+ million portfolio and professional staff of 8
- Evaluate new programmatic opportunities and set strategic objectives for organization in consultation with Board of Directors
- Communicate with Board of Directors and keep all Board members informed on organizational objectives
- Coordinate and present materials at regularly scheduled Board meetings
- Develop and implement annual budget
- Represent organization to outside stakeholders and centers of influence through marketing, networking events,social media, etc.
- Supervise professional staff of 8 employees
- Serve as de facto Chief Credit Officer of organization; reviewing approximately 60-70 loan requests annually
- Interact with OSDC Loan Origination Team and field questions from lenders about potential loan requests and provide oversight on loan structuring and eligibility
- Oversee Loan Servicing and Closing teams, providing regular oversight and decisioning on non-routine issues
- Ensure company complies with all administrative/regulatory/legal requirements
- Five years of experience in leadership of a commercial lending environment or economic development organization or eight years of experience in business banking or economic development
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail is a must
- Valid driver’s license is required
- SBA lending experience is a plus
Submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Because this position requires strong communication skills and attention to detail, extra consideration will be given to candidates that submit a thorough, well-written cover letter.
Ohio Department of Development Selects MBAC Partners as Part of the Minority Business Assistance Center Network Program
The Ohio Department of Development today announced its selection of hosts to join the Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC) Network Program for the July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2025, grant period. They will serve the needs of Ohio’s minority-, women-, veteran-, and disadvantaged businesses for their region.read more
We Can Only Go Up from Here
High Density Mixed Use Planned to Replace Blighted Neighborhood in Whitehall
Like in life, it’s not the hand your dealt that defines you in economic development. It’s about how you play your cards and capitalize on opportunities for your community.
Yes in Our Back Yard
Ever since the Intel announcement, the region has had endless conversations about how to be “Intel Ready.” While Intel will undoubtedly be a gamechanger for Ohio, we’re behind the eight ball if we weren’t already preparing for population growth and increased pressure on our built infrastructure and logistics pipelines.read more