Executive Director – Van Wert Area Economic Development Corporation
The Van Wert Area Economic Development Corp. (“VWAEDC”) Board of Trustees is accepting applications for the full-time position of Executive Director. The successful candidate must work with a high degree of independence and initiative to execute a broad range of economic development initiatives. They will be responsible for implementing goals, policies, financial management, and providing leadership and oversight for staff and resources toward the accomplishment of VWAEDC strategic objectives.
VWAEDC is dedicated to economic development and strategic business and job growth in Van Wert County. We recognize the contributions of existing businesses to the local economy, encourage and support expansion for sustainable job growth, provide assistance to businesses to address challenges and make vital connections to local / regional and state resources for successful results. Our economic development and growth strategy proactively connects with existing businesses to understand and respond to the needs of the business community.
The Van Wert area offers numerous industrial sites, including a mega site that is build ready. The county features outstanding school systems, including Vantage Career Center for traditional and non-traditional students. The low cost of living, diverse work force, rural environment in a safe and friendly community make Van Wert an attractive area to both business and residents. Additionally, we offer available affordable housing, a state-of-the-art regional performing arts center and are in the midst of a significant downtown revitalization, along with numerous cultural family-friendly activities throughout the year.
The Executive Director reports to VWAEDC’s Board of Trustees and is responsible for retaining, expanding and attracting businesses and investments to the area by exercising a high degree of independence, initiative, ethics, and professional expertise while coordinating economic and community development activities with government agencies, community partner organizations, businesses and the Board of Trustees.
- Lead and support current and future programs, projects, and community branding.
- Develop, execute and manage marketing efforts through public and media relations to attract local, regional, national, and international businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Promote existing and new real estate development.
- Possess professionalism and demonstrate positive communication to promote programs, goals and objectives.
- Research, market and facilitate programs to enhance development and job growth within the area.
- Serve as a liaison to develop and strengthen partnerships and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in short-and long-range strategic collaborations with organizations and companies to determine needs to further economic development in the community.
- Track metrics to provide updates and reports of progress.
- Provide direct leadership and management of staff.
- Prepare grant proposals and applications, contracts, budgets and other necessary documents required for community improvement.
- Oversees the “Land Bank”, Van Wert County grants, “Visitors Bureau”, Workforce Development Manager and provides administrative services on behalf of the Port Authority.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic, Business, Public Relations, or related field.
- Five (5) years relatable experience in economic development or equivalent in business, organizational management, government relations, or real estate development, with two (2) years administrative and management experience.
- Completion of Basic Economic Development and/or Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Highly ethical, professional and self-motivated.
- Resides or willing to relocate to Van Wert County, Ohio.
The Executive Director is an exempt salaried position that requires a diverse and varied work schedule. Salary and benefits will be based on experience and education.
Qualified, interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
145 E Main Street
Van Wert, OH 45891
or email to: email@example.com
As part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in 2022, a new federal program was created that provides great opportunity for Ohio – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF). It allocates $27 billion in financial assistance through three programs to reduce harmful air pollutants, mobilize financing and private capital, and deliver benefits for low-income and disadvantaged communities.read more
60,000 concert goers attend inaugural 4 day Voices of America Country Music Festival in West Chester, Ohio with Alabama, JoDee Messina, Lainey Wilson, Dan +Shay, and many more!read more
The word is out Central Ohio is a wonderful place to live and work. While job opportunities are prevalent, the housing market is a challenge. The headlines are focused on new builds and further directed at greenspace and farmland depletion, zoning, density, affordability, transportation, congestion, the impact on schools, and concerns about community identity. New builds are vital, but the housing puzzle has an overlooked solution piece with abandoned and underutilized property.read more