Executive Director – Van Wert Area Economic Development Corporation
The Van Wert Area Economic Development Corp. (“VWAEDC”) Board of Trustees is accepting applications for the full-time position of Executive Director. The successful candidate must work with a high degree of independence and initiative to execute a broad range of economic development initiatives. They will be responsible for implementing goals, policies, financial management, and providing leadership and oversight for staff and resources toward the accomplishment of VWAEDC strategic objectives.
VWAEDC is dedicated to economic development and strategic business and job growth in Van Wert County. We recognize the contributions of existing businesses to the local economy, encourage and support expansion for sustainable job growth, provide assistance to businesses to address challenges and make vital connections to local / regional and state resources for successful results. Our economic development and growth strategy proactively connects with existing businesses to understand and respond to the needs of the business community.
The Van Wert area offers numerous industrial sites, including a mega site that is build ready. The county features outstanding school systems, including Vantage Career Center for traditional and non-traditional students. The low cost of living, diverse work force, rural environment in a safe and friendly community make Van Wert an attractive area to both business and residents. Additionally, we offer available affordable housing, a state-of-the-art regional performing arts center and are in the midst of a significant downtown revitalization, along with numerous cultural family-friendly activities throughout the year.
The Executive Director reports to VWAEDC’s Board of Trustees and is responsible for retaining, expanding and attracting businesses and investments to the area by exercising a high degree of independence, initiative, ethics, and professional expertise while coordinating economic and community development activities with government agencies, community partner organizations, businesses and the Board of Trustees.
- Lead and support current and future programs, projects, and community branding.
- Develop, execute and manage marketing efforts through public and media relations to attract local, regional, national, and international businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Promote existing and new real estate development.
- Possess professionalism and demonstrate positive communication to promote programs, goals and objectives.
- Research, market and facilitate programs to enhance development and job growth within the area.
- Serve as a liaison to develop and strengthen partnerships and attend meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in short-and long-range strategic collaborations with organizations and companies to determine needs to further economic development in the community.
- Track metrics to provide updates and reports of progress.
- Provide direct leadership and management of staff.
- Prepare grant proposals and applications, contracts, budgets and other necessary documents required for community improvement.
- Oversees the “Land Bank”, Van Wert County grants, “Visitors Bureau”, Workforce Development Manager and provides administrative services on behalf of the Port Authority.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic, Business, Public Relations, or related field.
- Five (5) years relatable experience in economic development or equivalent in business, organizational management, government relations, or real estate development, with two (2) years administrative and management experience.
- Completion of Basic Economic Development and/or Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Highly ethical, professional and self-motivated.
- Resides or willing to relocate to Van Wert County, Ohio.
The Executive Director is an exempt salaried position that requires a diverse and varied work schedule. Salary and benefits will be based on experience and education.
Qualified, interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
145 E Main Street
Van Wert, OH 45891
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About three months ago, we launched our Recovery Within Reach campaign, a first-of-its-kind effort to educate Ohioans about the financial effects of opioid addiction — and to connect them with treatment options close to their homes.
Our goal is to create a new way of talking about addiction, one in which people consider the facts and practical realities of how substance use disorder affects their lives. Not long ago, Gov. Mike DeWine challenged all of us in state government to think of ways we could help Ohioans navigate the opioid crisis that has affected our state for so long. For us, that meant considering the financial effects of addiction — and providing tools and trainings to help Ohioans and financial advisers talk about addiction and access care.read more
Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) received $45 million in New Markets Tax Credits, which it will use to spur development in transformational projects in Uptown Cincinnati.read more
Newark Development Partners (NDP), the community improvement corporation for the City of Newark, continues to further development in the Downtown through various projects. The sale of the Hudson Avenue Church with surrounding property, the renewal of the Downtown Special Improvement District and the commencement of construction at the Historic Arcade are all recent successes for the City of Newark.read more