Full-Time Community Development Director – City of Moraine, OH
Apply Online: https://ci.moraine.oh.us/employment/
We are looking for an experienced professional with a proven track record in community and economic development to fill the full-time position of Community Development Director. The position provides general staff oversight and budget management of the Community Development Department which includes the offices of the Building & Zoning Administrator, City Engineer and City Planner. The primary focus of the position is to oversee all aspects of economic development for the City including business retention and expansion, business assistance and incentive administration, and recruitment of new commercial and industrial investment. The Community Development Department promotes and regulates the use, reuse and land development within the City and the capital improvement plan for roadway and public infrastructure.
Pay predicated on experience and education for a range of $84,739 – $108,181, with a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, PERS retirement plan and a generous leave package.
· Applicants will have a general knowledge of all aspects of Community Development and a comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal government functions as it applies to economic development, incentives, marketing, and business communication. Should have direct experience with Community Reinvestment Areas (CRA), Enterprise Zones (EZ), Forgiveness Loans (FL), the County EDGE program, JobsOhio assistance programs, and other technical community and economic development applications. The position is also expected to play a vital role in both City and regional initiatives and be active with local and state professional affiliations
· The successful candidate will have a proven track record in economic development, business attraction, incentive grant writing and a strong acumen in working with business executives along with the ability to represent the City in all public and professional environments
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Planning or a related field combined with five years of progressively responsible experience in Economic Development with the proven ability to provide oversight to personnel and general budget management is required. Master’s Degree and/or related certifications preferred.
· Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. All candidates must be willing to submit to random drug screenings
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, businesses and the general public
· Possess valid Ohio state driver’s license
· Please include Resume to be considered
Housing demand outstrips supply so much that developers can be – and are – very selective about where they choose to invest. Factors like land price, annexation and zoning processes, infrastructure costs, density, and community design specs will make or break a developer’s go-or-no-go decision. This panel discussion will provide insights into developers’ decision-making processes, as well as help direct the focus of local economic developers to those areas in which they can add value in housing discussions.
The Call for Presentations for the OEDA Annual Summit to be held September 4-6, 2024, at the Glass City Center in Toledo, Ohio, is now open. The Annual Summit offers a unique platform to highlight innovative solutions, spark discussions, and share impactful strategies that have positively influenced communities. The Annual Summit organizers are seeking speakers to provide a variety of high quality educational sessions to attendees.
The Ohio Economic Development Association has announced JP Nauseef and Dr. Ned Hill as the keynote presenters for the upcoming Ohio Basic Economic Development Course, April 29-May 2, in Dublin, Ohio. JP Nauseef, the President and CEO of JobsOhio, which has been described as the “best in class state economic development partnership,” will welcome the Basic Course students and Keynote the course. Dr. Ned Hill, a recognized national expert in economic growth, regional development, and economic development, will kick off the course by covering “What is Economic Development and What is the Job of an Economic Development Professional?”