JobsOhio 2020 Annual Report Shows Success Despite Challenges
In what was a unique year for every person, business, and industry the world over, the positive results for Ohio are evidence of our state’s perseverance, ingenuity, and strength in the face of adversity. Starting with steady and bold leadership provided by the DeWine/Husted Administration and through partnerships and collaboration across the state, we collectively and successfully navigated the challenges of the pandemic, producing impressive achievements for Ohio’s economic development along the way.
Key takeaways from the JobsOhio annual report:
- We worked on 307 projects (the most in our history),
- worth $7.8 billion in capital investment,
- that resulted in 19,021 new jobs created,
- with $1 billion in new payroll.
While focusing on economic development, challenged by the Governor, JobsOhio and our network partners also quickly pivoted to help Ohio businesses and workforce make it through the pandemic. Top initiatives in 2020 included:
- Talent: We redoubled efforts to expand support for our workforce with solutions to help companies find the talent they need to thrive in Ohio.
- Sites: We invested in multiple initiatives related to job ready site and building development to increase Ohio’s potential to win projects.
- Diversity and inclusion: We focused on developing several programs that have helped make Ohio a state where anyone can thrive, particularly for underrepresented population groups and distressed areas of our state.
- Innovation: We launched a strategy in 2020 to increase Ohio’s competitiveness across the innovation continuum.
Site Selection Accolades
We’d also like to thank you for helping Ohio to win the Site Selection Governor’s Cup for most new corporate facility projects per capita than any other state for the second year in a row! Congratulations to the DeWine-Husted Administration and cities across the state. Because of your work, you’ve proven that Ohioans persevere and our state can come out on top even in difficult times.
2020 showed the world what Ohioans can do when we work together. JobsOhio is excited by what the future holds for Ohio and we are confident that the best is yet to come! We look forward to being on that journey with you.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more