Loan Closing and Servicing Officer – OSDC – Columbus, Ohio
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Job Title: Loan Closing and Servicing Officer
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204;
Partial remote work capabilities may be available after initial training period
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Mileage Reimbursement;
Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Holidays; 20 Days Paid Time Off
Non-profit organization working in small business commercial real estate and equipment lending. Lending done in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
Seeking detail-oriented, self-starter with experience working on commercial loans. Individual should enjoy working in team setting with ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines. Significant on-the-job training available for individuals who demonstrate ability to learn quickly and interest in taking ownership of job responsibilities.
• Coordinate closing of SBA 504 and Ohio 166 loans, working with small businesses and OSDC legal counsel. Process includes collection of documents from lending partners and borrowers, analysis of financial statements, preparation of legal documents, and meeting with borrowers to explain documents and obtain signatures.
• Work with small businesses and OSDC Loan Officers to complete servicing actions for existing SBA 504 and Ohio 166 loans. Includes analysis of financial statements, preparation of memos in support of proposed action, and preparation of legal documents to amend existing loan requirements
• Complete annual risk rating for SBA 504 and Ohio 166 loans
• Process paid in full loans and oversee release of collateral
• When necessary, make recommendations to OSDC and SBA on liquidation of SBA 504 loans
• Provide written and oral reports to OSDC Executive Director and OSDC Board of Directors on status of portfolio and problem loans
• Develop process improvements where applicable and implement with colleagues. e.g. preparing reports on existing loan portfolio, streamlining closing process, improving document retention processes, etc.
• Three years of experience in commercial lending OR bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail is a must
• Computer skills including use of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software systems is required.
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Experience reading, preparing, and executing loan documents is a plus
• SBA lending experience is a plus
• Registered Public Notary is a plus
Submit resume with cover letter to Michael Kinninger, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Because this position requires strong communication skills and attention to detail, extra consideration will be given to candidates that submit a thorough, well-written cover letter.
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more
Government agencies and prime contractors that award billions of dollars in contracts will meet in-person with small businesses in Ohio at the 2022 Ohio Business Matchmaker, the largest small business-to-government contracting event in the state.read more