Loan Officer – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Job Title: Loan Officer
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 + bonus for loan production
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Cell Phone and Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Time Off
Overview: Small business commercial real estate and equipment lending, in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
• Market OSDC loan programs to banks, businesses, and business professional advisors
• Interview, guide, and advise businesses through loan application/approval and closing process
• Conduct program eligibility review/underwriting and feasibility analysis for potential loans
• Provide written and oral presentation of loan request to OSDC Board of Directors
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of loan program guidelines and regulations
• Prepare and facilitate approval of loan applications
• Assist in loan closings that may include the collection, preparation and execution of loan documentation
• Assist in loan servicing that may include annual loan review, review and processing of modifications to collateral and loan terms, negotiation of loan workouts
• Develop and maintain knowledge of local, state and federal loan programs to maximize coordination with OSDC programs and better serve small business borrowers
• Bachelor’s degree & completion of core coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business
administration, or related field
• Experience in analyzing business financial statements
• Superior written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing credit memos preferred.
• PC proficiency in word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
• Experience in processing commercial loans preferred
• Knowledge and experience of economic development programs preferred
• Driver’s license required
Submit resume with letter of interest to Michael Kinninger, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more