Loan Officer – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Job Title: Loan Officer
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 + bonus for loan production
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Cell Phone and Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Time Off
Overview: Small business commercial real estate and equipment lending, in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
• Market OSDC loan programs to banks, businesses, and business professional advisors
• Interview, guide, and advise businesses through loan application/approval and closing process
• Conduct program eligibility review/underwriting and feasibility analysis for potential loans
• Provide written and oral presentation of loan request to OSDC Board of Directors
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of loan program guidelines and regulations
• Prepare and facilitate approval of loan applications
• Assist in loan closings that may include the collection, preparation and execution of loan documentation
• Assist in loan servicing that may include annual loan review, review and processing of modifications to collateral and loan terms, negotiation of loan workouts
• Develop and maintain knowledge of local, state and federal loan programs to maximize coordination with OSDC programs and better serve small business borrowers
• Bachelor’s degree & completion of core coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business
administration, or related field
• Experience in analyzing business financial statements
• Superior written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing credit memos preferred.
• PC proficiency in word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
• Experience in processing commercial loans preferred
• Knowledge and experience of economic development programs preferred
• Driver’s license required
Submit resume with letter of interest to Michael Kinninger, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more
The Wilmington DRIVE (Downtown Revitalization Investment Vibrancy Effort) Program, adopted a year ago, with the goal of enhancing and accelerating Wilmington’s downtown revitalization and encouraging creative mix-use development, made its first strategic acquisition, closing on the Masonic Lodge Site (28 W. Main St.) on September 29, 2023.read more