Loan Officer – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Job Title: Loan Officer
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 + bonus for loan production
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Cell Phone and Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Time Off
Overview: Small business commercial real estate and equipment lending, in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
• Market OSDC loan programs to banks, businesses, and business professional advisors
• Interview, guide, and advise businesses through loan application/approval and closing process
• Conduct program eligibility review/underwriting and feasibility analysis for potential loans
• Provide written and oral presentation of loan request to OSDC Board of Directors
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of loan program guidelines and regulations
• Prepare and facilitate approval of loan applications
• Assist in loan closings that may include the collection, preparation and execution of loan documentation
• Assist in loan servicing that may include annual loan review, review and processing of modifications to collateral and loan terms, negotiation of loan workouts
• Develop and maintain knowledge of local, state and federal loan programs to maximize coordination with OSDC programs and better serve small business borrowers
• Bachelor’s degree & completion of core coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business
administration, or related field
• Experience in analyzing business financial statements
• Superior written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing credit memos preferred.
• PC proficiency in word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
• Experience in processing commercial loans preferred
• Knowledge and experience of economic development programs preferred
• Driver’s license required
Submit resume with letter of interest to Michael Kinninger, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
The City of Delaware welcomes Cody Hatten as its new Economic Development Coordinator.
Hatten previously served in various capacities with the Lawrence Economic Development Corporation in Lawrence County, Ohio. His positions included Economic Development Specialist and Director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau.read more
The 2022 Ohio Basic Economic Development Course (OBEDC) is an intensive training experience for economic development practitioners, community leaders, local government officials and others committed to building healthy economies for their communities.read more
OEDA has two important sessions taking place in February, 2022 that will be of interest,read more