Loan Officer – Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Employer: Ohio Statewide Development Corporation
Job Title: Loan Officer
Work Hours: Full-Time; Flexible hours can be arranged
Salary: $70,000 – $80,000 + bonus for loan production
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: 1650 Lake Shore Drive, Suite 240, Columbus, OH 43204
Benefits: SIMPLE IRA Retirement Plan with 3% employer match; Cell Phone and Mileage Reimbursement; Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance; Paid Time Off
Overview: Small business commercial real estate and equipment lending, in partnership with private lenders, utilizing the public sector financing programs—specifically the U.S. Small Business Administration 504 Loan Program and the Ohio 166 Regional Loan Program.
• Market OSDC loan programs to banks, businesses, and business professional advisors
• Interview, guide, and advise businesses through loan application/approval and closing process
• Conduct program eligibility review/underwriting and feasibility analysis for potential loans
• Provide written and oral presentation of loan request to OSDC Board of Directors
• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of loan program guidelines and regulations
• Prepare and facilitate approval of loan applications
• Assist in loan closings that may include the collection, preparation and execution of loan documentation
• Assist in loan servicing that may include annual loan review, review and processing of modifications to collateral and loan terms, negotiation of loan workouts
• Develop and maintain knowledge of local, state and federal loan programs to maximize coordination with OSDC programs and better serve small business borrowers
• Bachelor’s degree & completion of core coursework in finance, accounting, economics, business
administration, or related field
• Experience in analyzing business financial statements
• Superior written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing credit memos preferred.
• PC proficiency in word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
• Experience in processing commercial loans preferred
• Knowledge and experience of economic development programs preferred
• Driver’s license required
Submit resume with letter of interest to Michael Kinninger, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Vibrant. Historic. Uniquely Centerville.
That is the vision for Uptown, the area including the Architectural Preservation District at the intersection of Franklin and Main Streets.read more
Hope appears to be on the horizon as the COVID-19 vaccine continues to be distributed across the United States. The same cannot be said for the ongoing opioid epidemic that has ravaged Ohio, and the rest of the nation, for the better part of a decade. In fact, 2020 brought about some of the darkest days we’ve ever seen in the history of the opioid epidemic.read more
The Covid-19 pandemic has presented a degree of uncertainty for Ohioans, and Lawrence County residents were no exception. The concerns caused by the pandemic, and its repercussions, brought about economic sluggishness throughout the world, with healthcare, government and business leaders vigorously working to find a solution. On the local level, the Lawrence Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) took the challenge head-on by finding new ways to adapt and continue work from beyond the office.read more