Industrial Development Associate – The Port
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Industrial Development Associate will be a member of the Industrial Development team reporting directly to the Executive Vice President overseeing the industrial business line. The professional in this position is responsible for assisting the day-to-day management of Port Authority industrial real estate development projects throughout their life cycle and support of strategic assets.
The position’s responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Analyze and outline critical paths of projects.
- Support State, Federal and Local programmatic initiatives and funding sources including regulatory compliance.
- Execute and support the organization’s Economic Inclusion and Equity goals.
- Assist with delivering third-party project management contracts and deliverables.
- Assist in establishing viable development plans, schedules, budgets, and financing strategies for projects.
- Support financial analysis and risk assessment for Port Authority’s real estate projects.
- Accurately track projects’ schedule & budget and ensure they are met.
- Track contracts, including creation of RFPs, reviewing change orders, and preparing of payment applications.
- Assist in establishing, managing, and marketing The Port’s real estate portfolio and development services.
- Prepare materials and presentations as needed for meetings, press releases, and other publications.
- Establish and maintain relationships with The Port’s outside partners, stakeholders and potential investors/developers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by the CEO.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university in business, construction management, urban planning, real estate development, engineering, or some related degree program is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of direct or related experience in real estate development, real estate development finance, economic development including knowledge of construction and/or environmental remediation;
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with people of diverse social, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds;
- Strong project management skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time;
- Proven skills in advanced-level problem solving, sound decision-making, exceptional follow-through, and precision in following procedures;
- Demonstrated success working as a team player to achieve organizational goals and objectives;
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional project teams to deliver key objectives.
- Highly organized and willing to take the initiative to drive results;
- Experience with pro-forma financial analysis and the real estate development process;
- Ability to identify site-specific development, entitlement, and permitting issues through the due diligence process to ensure project viability;
- Proven ability to read and review design drawings and documents;
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project. Experience with database programs and GIS mapping programs preferred;
- Ability to be in the office during regular business hours.
- Ability to operate all applicable office equipment.
- Ability to tour The Port’s project construction sites and attend out-of-office meetings.
- Satisfactory results on pre-employment written and oral testing, as administered by appropriate practitioners at the Port Authority’s direction.
- Satisfactory results on background investigations.
- Insurable and ability to maintain insurability for the operation of motor vehicles, as use of personal vehicle may be required to attend out-of-office meetings.
- Ability to perform all of the essential functions of the position outlined herein without creating a direct or indirect threat to the safety of oneself or others.
HOW TO APPLY:
Sometimes it only takes a simple conversation, a spark that lights the fire of collaboration and community partnerships. The simple conversations between OhioMeansJobs-Paulding County and the Paulding County Economic Development Office led to a meeting of the minds between the aforementioned pair, Vancrest of Payne, and Northwest State Community College.read more
The Ohio Department of Development (Development) announced today that the application for the new Transformational Mixed-Use Development Program is open. The program provides a tax credit for major, mixed-use developments in Ohio. Applications are now available on Development’s website.read more
Ohio’s 2022-2023 budget recently signed by Governor DeWine, allocates $500 million in new brownfield funding. Funding will be administered by the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) which must adopt rules for allocation of brownfield funding and the demolition program. The rules will determine project eligibility and administration of the program.read more