OEDA’s Mission and Goals
The mission of the Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA) is to increase economic prosperity in the State of Ohio by advancing the practice of economic development.
OEDA is a voluntary professional association for economic and community developers dedicated to advancing the profession, the practice of economic development, and the state economy through professional development, networking, advocacy, and collaboration with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. OEDA’s goals include:
- Providing professional development and continuing education opportunities for all level of practitioner;
- Providing a forum for the interchange and exchange of ideas, information, principles, and practices in the field of economic development in Ohio;
- Encouraging excellence and professionalism in the practice of economic development;
- Working collaboratively and in cooperation with federal, state, regional and local organizations and allied professions as appropriate;
- Advocating, on a non-partisan basis, on issues of public policy including federal and state legislation and regulations which impact the practice of economic development and the ability of the state to maintain an attractive and competitive business climate;
- Ensuring member practitioners adhere to the highest levels of professional conduct, standards, and ethics.
OEDA’s volunteer leaders are critical to the success of the organization and we are excited you’d like to get involved! Member participation in OEDA’s leadership, governance, standing committees, and event planning committees are the foundation of the association and the work done to advance OEDA’s mission and goals. CLICK HERE if you are interested in future leadership in OEDA in a board or committee capacity.
GA Telesis and Air Transport Services Group to Open Engine Maintenance Facility at Wilmington Air Park
GA Telesis, LLC, a global aviation services integrator, and Air Transport Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATSG), a leading provider of aircraft leasing and air cargo transportation and related services, announced they have reached an agreement with the Clinton County Port Authority (CCPA), JobsOhio, and the Ohio Department of Development to open a 72,000 sq. ft. Specialized Procedures Aeroengine Hospital (SPAH) at the Wilmington Air Park in southwestern Ohio.read more
OEDA has many interesting and dynamic professional development sessions coming up soon.read more
On April 28, JobsOhio was announced as the National Organization of the Year (in our category) of the 2022 American Business Awards (ABA). Widely regarded as the world’s premier business awards program, this competition attracted more than 3,700 nominations. This recognition is further validation that the JobsOhio platform is Ohio’s competitive advantage.read more