OEDA’s Mission and Goals
The mission of the Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA) is to increase economic prosperity in the State of Ohio by advancing the practice of economic development.
OEDA is a voluntary professional association for economic and community developers dedicated to advancing the profession, the practice of economic development, and the state economy through professional development, networking, advocacy, and collaboration with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. OEDA’s goals include:
- Providing professional development and continuing education opportunities for all level of practitioner;
- Providing a forum for the interchange and exchange of ideas, information, principles, and practices in the field of economic development in Ohio;
- Encouraging excellence and professionalism in the practice of economic development;
- Working collaboratively and in cooperation with federal, state, regional and local organizations and allied professions as appropriate;
- Advocating, on a non-partisan basis, on issues of public policy including federal and state legislation and regulations which impact the practice of economic development and the ability of the state to maintain an attractive and competitive business climate;
- Ensuring member practitioners adhere to the highest levels of professional conduct, standards, and ethics.
OEDA’s volunteer leaders are critical to the success of the organization and we are excited you’d like to get involved! Member participation in OEDA’s leadership, governance, standing committees, and event planning committees are the foundation of the association and the work done to advance OEDA’s mission and goals. CLICK HERE if you are interested in future leadership in OEDA in a board or committee capacity.
At OEDA, we are thankful for our members who are passionately committed to the success of their communities and advancing Ohio’s economy. Over the past year, we’ve appreciated having you as part of our community of economic development professionals and are grateful for the opportunity to be your partner again in 2023.read more
As your partner for success at every step of your career, OEDA strives to provide high-impact training opportunities for our members each year. The foundation of that training is our Basic Economic Development Course (Ohio BEDC). This year’s course will be held from May 1-4 in Dublin, Ohio, and Early Bird Registration is open from now until March 1.read more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Workforce Collaborative hosted its first meeting of the year on Thursday, January 19. With almost 40 individuals present, representing schools, businesses, service providers, and community organizations, members reviewed accomplishments from 2022, established a new meeting structure for 2023, and discussed how their current efforts can continue to meet the needs of the local community.read more