OEDA’s Mission and Goals
The mission of the Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA) is to increase economic prosperity in the State of Ohio by advancing the practice of economic development.
OEDA is a voluntary professional association for economic and community developers dedicated to advancing the profession, the practice of economic development, and the state economy through professional development, networking, advocacy, and collaboration with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. OEDA’s goals include:
- Providing professional development and continuing education opportunities for all level of practitioner;
- Providing a forum for the interchange and exchange of ideas, information, principles, and practices in the field of economic development in Ohio;
- Encouraging excellence and professionalism in the practice of economic development;
- Working collaboratively and in cooperation with federal, state, regional and local organizations and allied professions as appropriate;
- Advocating, on a non-partisan basis, on issues of public policy including federal and state legislation and regulations which impact the practice of economic development and the ability of the state to maintain an attractive and competitive business climate;
- Ensuring member practitioners adhere to the highest levels of professional conduct, standards, and ethics.
OEDA’s volunteer leaders are critical to the success of the organization and we are excited you’d like to get involved! Member participation in OEDA’s leadership, governance, standing committees, and event planning committees are the foundation of the association and the work done to advance OEDA’s mission and goals. CLICK HERE if you are interested in future leadership in OEDA in a board or committee capacity.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more