OEDA’s Mission and Goals
Member participation in OEDA’s leadership and governance is critical to the success of the organization and the advancement of OEDA’s mission and goals. We hope you will consider lending your time, talent, and knowledge to your professional association. Opportunities for leadership and engagement include OEDA’s Board of Directors as well as standing and planning committees and advisory groups.
Nominations are currently open for the 2024 Board of Directors.
Click HERE to submit a nomination form if you are interested in serving on the 2024 OEDA Board of Directors.
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 3, 2023. Thank you!
The mission of the Ohio Economic Development Association is to advance the practice of economic development to foster economic growth, prosperity, and opportunity for all residents of the State of Ohio.
OEDA is a voluntary professional association for economic and community developers dedicated to advancing the profession, the practice of economic development, and the state economy through professional development, networking, advocacy, and collaboration with state, regional, and local economic development organizations. OEDA’s goals include:
- Providing professional development and continuing education opportunities for all levels of practitioner;
- Providing a forum for the interchange and exchange of ideas, information, principles, and practices in the field of economic development in Ohio;
- Encouraging excellence and professionalism in the practice of economic development;
- Working collaboratively and in cooperation with federal, state, regional, and local organizations and allied professions as appropriate;
- Advocating, on a non-partisan basis, on issues of public policy including federal and state legislation and regulations that impact the practice of economic development and the ability of the state to maintain an attractive and competitive business climate;
- Ensuring member practitioners adhere to the highest levels of professional conduct, standards, and ethics.
OEDA’s volunteer leaders are critical to the success of the organization and we are excited you’d like to get involved! Member participation in OEDA’s leadership, governance, standing committees, and event planning committees is the foundation of the association and the work done to advance OEDA’s mission and goals.
CLICK HERE if you are interested in serving on the 2024 OEDA Board of Directors.
As part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in 2022, a new federal program was created that provides great opportunity for Ohio – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF). It allocates $27 billion in financial assistance through three programs to reduce harmful air pollutants, mobilize financing and private capital, and deliver benefits for low-income and disadvantaged communities.read more
60,000 concert goers attend inaugural 4 day Voices of America Country Music Festival in West Chester, Ohio with Alabama, JoDee Messina, Lainey Wilson, Dan +Shay, and many more!read more
The word is out Central Ohio is a wonderful place to live and work. While job opportunities are prevalent, the housing market is a challenge. The headlines are focused on new builds and further directed at greenspace and farmland depletion, zoning, density, affordability, transportation, congestion, the impact on schools, and concerns about community identity. New builds are vital, but the housing puzzle has an overlooked solution piece with abandoned and underutilized property.read more