President/CEO – Richland Area Chamber & Economic Development
The Richland Area Chamber & Economic Development is a thriving and trusted partner to local businesses and the overall economic development in Richland County, Ohio. With over a thousand members, we are seeking an experienced and motivated President/CEO to become the driving force to our chambers’ continued success and growth of our community.
POSITION: President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
REPORTS TO: Chamber & RCDG Board of Directors and Executive Committee
This dynamic role will be responsible to the board of directors for the management of the organization and its full range of activities. You will serve as the visible leader of the Chamber demonstrating expertise in strategic planning, membership growth & services, nonprofit
governance/operations, fiscal stability, economic development, and compliance.
• Direct office operations and serve as chief HR contact.
• Manage seven direct reports, with a full staff of 10 full time employees.
• Primary support to the Chamber and RCDG Boards of Directors, Executive Committee, Governance Committee, and Finance Committee.
• Presents the Board with an annual operating plan including proposed goals, targets and strategies; identifies tactics and initiatives to carry out the plan; monitors and makes amendments as necessary.
• Ensure continued professional development within the organization to maintain and enhance professional competence, incorporate knowledge and fresh insight into new initiatives.
• Provide accurate financial records to the Chamber and RCDG Boards of Directors in conjunction with the bookkeeper.
• Formulate annual budget with board Treasurer for review and approval by the Chamber and RCDG Board of Directors.
• Work with the board Treasurer to ensure the Chamber organizations remain compliant with all legal fiduciary responsibilities and ensure compliance and profitability to include the bi-annual audit and required 990 filing.
• Provide secondary fiduciary oversight on Chamber Foundation funds; monitor income and expenses.
Economic & Workforce Development:
• Support Economic Development and Workforce Directors to ensure all strategic plans & workforce obligations are fulfilled and successful; business retention/expansion, infrastructure, civic innovation, workforce attraction, and regional collaboration with other economic development organizations.
• Manage all related Economic Development and Workforce contracts.
Communications & Community Development:
• Be a community leader, collaborator, and alliance builder to ensure a flourishing economic environment and high quality of life for the business and resident communities.
• Actively networks and collaborates with public officials, business leaders and media to create and strengthen strategic partnerships with the Chamber.
• Maintain close ties with elected officials, groups, and other entities in the community and advise on developments affecting the business community.
• Serve as Ex-officio or voting board member for several organizations as assigned/required.
• Lead the efforts of the Business Advocacy Committee in conjunction with committee chair.
Member & Program Management:
• Oversee and assess the schedule, design, budget, implementation of Chamber programs and events in conjunction with the Program & Events Manager.
• Lead the annual dues meetings with Catalytic Leader members along with the Member Services Coordinator and other related staff members.
* Performs additional duties as instructed and assigned by the Board.*
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED TRAITS:
• Genuine, authentic, honorable and trustworthy. Acts professionally and with integrity in alignment with Chamber and its community values and expectations.
• Experience in working with diverse groups and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with support of diverse and inclusive programming and experiences.
EDUCATION & FURTHER EXPERIENCE:
• An undergraduate or advanced degree is preferred but not essential.
• Credentials and certifications in economic development and/or Chamber of Commerce are highly desirable.
• Experience in the following areas would be highly advantageous:
o Prior Chamber experience is not necessary but will be considered favorably.
o Non-Profit Management and training (Institute for Organizational Management [IOM] or similar)
o Business retention and expansion.
o Familiarity with local, state, and federal incentive packages and programs (TIF,CID, Enhanced Enterprise Zone, Opportunity Zones, etc.)
o Recruiting talent and supporting start-ups in the tech, innovation, retail, whole health, e-mobility, outdoor recreation, and software sectors.
o Previous professional affiliations and certifications, and/or other association training would be helpful.
• Competitive salary compensation commensurate with experience.
• Performance related bonus structure in place.
• Individual health care plan; 80% employer paid.
• Individual dental insurance; 100% employer paid.
• Short term & long term disability; 100% employer paid.
• 401K with 3% company match.
• Term Life Insurance; 100% employer paid.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Monthly cell phone reimbursement plan; 50% of monthly bill employer paid.
• Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick Time)
• Local Networking Membership Paid by organization.
ABOUT RICHLAND AREA CHAMBER & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT :
The Richland Area Chamber of Commerce (RACC) has served as the leading organization to support businesses throughout the county since 1899. As an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)6 organization, the Chamber unites approximately 1,000 businesses and professionals to help them become more profitable, thereby expanding the economy of the area. The Mansfield-Richland Area Educational Foundation was founded in 1980 as a 501c3 organization to support the work of the Chamber in the areas of entrepreneurship, leadership development, and economic strengthening.
The Richland Community Development Group (RCDG) was created to fill a void in economic development in the county in 2009. RCDG is dedicated to the enhancement, development, and future of our community’s quality of life for the citizens of Richland County.
In 2017, RCDG and the Chamber agreed to affiliate to strengthen economic development initiatives for all businesses in our community.
In 2023 this dynamic team secured the following prestigious awards putting them on the map both from a state-wide standpoint as well as nationally;
• 2023 Chamber of the Year awarded by the Chamber of Commerce Executives of Ohio (CCEO) recognizing their priorities on economic prosperity and quality of life.
• One of three finalists for the national 2023 Chamber of the Year Award by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE)
• 2023 Excellence in Marketing & Communications Award from the Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA) for the Richland Works Project
If you’re ready to be the face of the Chamber & Economic Development as well as the voice of the Richland County area business community, apply with your resume today. Applications will be accepted and reviewed through end of business day on December 13, 2023.
Application link as follows: https://spherion.tiny.us/2p96fu99
*Cover letters and additional questions can be forwarded to:
Professional Recruitment Manager
Spherion Mid Ohio – Professional Division
Housing demand outstrips supply so much that developers can be – and are – very selective about where they choose to invest. Factors like land price, annexation and zoning processes, infrastructure costs, density, and community design specs will make or break a developer’s go-or-no-go decision. This panel discussion will provide insights into developers’ decision-making processes, as well as help direct the focus of local economic developers to those areas in which they can add value in housing discussions.
The Call for Presentations for the OEDA Annual Summit to be held September 4-6, 2024, at the Glass City Center in Toledo, Ohio, is now open. The Annual Summit offers a unique platform to highlight innovative solutions, spark discussions, and share impactful strategies that have positively influenced communities. The Annual Summit organizers are seeking speakers to provide a variety of high quality educational sessions to attendees.
The Ohio Economic Development Association has announced JP Nauseef and Dr. Ned Hill as the keynote presenters for the upcoming Ohio Basic Economic Development Course, April 29-May 2, in Dublin, Ohio. JP Nauseef, the President and CEO of JobsOhio, which has been described as the “best in class state economic development partnership,” will welcome the Basic Course students and Keynote the course. Dr. Ned Hill, a recognized national expert in economic growth, regional development, and economic development, will kick off the course by covering “What is Economic Development and What is the Job of an Economic Development Professional?”