Project Specialist – Athens County Economic Development Council
Reports to: Executive Director
Work schedule: Full-time, typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with adjustments made for early morning, evening, and weekend events, and as needed to accomplish stated functions. * (2x per month 7:30am meetings required)
*This list is not all-inclusive. Position requires dedication, adaptability, and commitment to organization above all else.
Marketing & Attraction
- Promote positive image of ACEDC (Shared with all staff)
- Maintain database with up to date site/building information (Shared with all staff)
- Oversee marketing for ACEDC and manage relationship with consultants (Sole)
- Lead social media presence and keep website current and professional
- Develop Annual Report and other important collateral materials
- Co-Organize monthly YAP Happy Hours w/ Career Connections
Business Retention & Expansion
- Maintain Business Retention & Expansion database (Shared with all staff)
- Schedule company BRE visits (Coordinate with Director)
- Attend BRE software program trainings (Shared with all staff)
- Attend BRE visits when director is unable
Revolving Loan Fund & Grant Administration
- Market RLF(s) and grants for appropriate projects (Shared with all staff)
- Distribute/review application materials (Sole)
- Coordinate communication with partners (Buckeye Hills, State of Ohio, private lender, loan/grant review committee, commissioners, etc.)
- Preparation of quarterly, semi-annual and other required reporting documents (Shared with all staff)
- Respond to client needs and requests (Shared with all staff)
- Update monthly ACEDC Activities Report (Shared with Director)
- Answer multiple phone lines
- Maintain accounts payable/receivable in conjunction with Cotner & Cooley
- Copy & Scanning
- Check mail
- Schedule meetings using Doodle surveys/polls
- Run necessary errands (must have reliable transportation)
- Prepare/distribute EDC and Port Authority meeting materials and recording minutes
- Provide support to Committee Chairs (Shared with all staff)
- Organize events including scheduling, booking rooms/locations, securing speakers, communication with elected officials, and tech support
Requirements of the job:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to develop positive and beneficial relationships.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative on projects with or without guidance.
- Knowledge of business principles, especially small business.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organization and follow-up skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work well with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in computer programs including: Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Word Press and Social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.); understanding of marketing/business management systems.
- Work in a small business
- Customer service
- Work in non-profit organizations preferred
- College degree required
- Familiar with Athens community and surrounding region
- Basic economic development principles
- Some travel required and applicant must have own transportation
- Position may require occasional early morning or evening meetings
Wage: This is a salaried position, the wage for which is negotiated and agreed upon at the time of hire. Salary commensurate with experience and education. Periodic pay increases may be given as deemed appropriate and affordable by the Executive Director and the budgeting process. Merit increases may be given as the result of positive performance evaluations and cost-of-living increases may be given after each full year of employment.
Benefits: The ACEDC offers employees paid vacation, sick leave and personal time, as well as a generous retirement plan and a health care savings account for eligible employees. All benefits begin after 90-day probation unless stated otherwise.
For full consideration, send resume or professional CV, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “ACEDC Project Specialist Application” by Friday, October 30th at 3pm.
As part of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) passed in 2022, a new federal program was created that provides great opportunity for Ohio – the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund (GGRF). It allocates $27 billion in financial assistance through three programs to reduce harmful air pollutants, mobilize financing and private capital, and deliver benefits for low-income and disadvantaged communities.read more
60,000 concert goers attend inaugural 4 day Voices of America Country Music Festival in West Chester, Ohio with Alabama, JoDee Messina, Lainey Wilson, Dan +Shay, and many more!read more
The word is out Central Ohio is a wonderful place to live and work. While job opportunities are prevalent, the housing market is a challenge. The headlines are focused on new builds and further directed at greenspace and farmland depletion, zoning, density, affordability, transportation, congestion, the impact on schools, and concerns about community identity. New builds are vital, but the housing puzzle has an overlooked solution piece with abandoned and underutilized property.read more