2019 OEDA 360
May 15, 2019
Renaissance Columbus Downtown
50 North Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Click Here to view the Agenda!
Much is changing at the statewide level. Are you in-the-know?
- Governor DeWine has introduced his policy priorities, releasing his first state budget as Ohio’s governor, and finalized his cabinet.
- Lt. Governor Husted will lead Innovate Ohio and is also taking a leadership position in the Office of Workforce Transformation.
- Former Findlay Mayor Lydia Mihalik has been appointed to lead the Development Services Agency.
- JP Nauseef will lead JobsOhio’s as the organization’s new president and chief investment officer.
- Jack Marchbanks has been appointed to the Ohio Department of Transportation and the administration is recommending an increase in the gas tax to fund infrastructure improvements and maintenance.
- Laurie Stevenson will move into the director post at the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency after serving as the deputy director for business relations and the primary contact for Ohio’s regulated entities.
- Ohio’s legislative leaders have announced key caucus positions, committee chairmanships and committee assignments and OEDA is already monitoring eight pieces of legislation in the Ohio General Assembly.
Are you curious about what all of this means to you and your community?
What is the potential impact to local businesses and key state industries?
Will there be changes Ohio’s economic development strategy and priorities?
For those answers and more,
register today to attend OEDA 360
on May 15, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown!
This year’s OEDA 360 will include a full line-up of state officials and policy makers discussing priorities and programs to help you understand what these changes mean to you.
Reserve your spot today! Click HERE to register.
The I 70 / 75 Economic Development Summit on May 30 will feature Heather E. McGowan is an internationally known speaker, writer, and advisor. McGowan prepares leaders to most-effectively react to rapid and disruptive changes in education, work, and society. As a Future of Work Strategist, Heather has worked with diverse teams to address these challenges.read more
Two advisors at the Ohio Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Summit Medina Business Alliance Inc. have received prestigious professional certifications after undergoing training through the National Development Council.read more
Students in the course have rated the course very highly. “Some great real world examples” “this was a great course. I learned a lot, not only about course content, but real life examples too.”read more