2019 OEDA 360
May 15, 2019
Renaissance Columbus Downtown
50 North Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Click Here to view the Agenda!
Much is changing at the statewide level. Are you in-the-know?
- Governor DeWine has introduced his policy priorities, releasing his first state budget as Ohio’s governor, and finalized his cabinet.
- Lt. Governor Husted will lead Innovate Ohio and is also taking a leadership position in the Office of Workforce Transformation.
- Former Findlay Mayor Lydia Mihalik has been appointed to lead the Development Services Agency.
- JP Nauseef will lead JobsOhio’s as the organization’s new president and chief investment officer.
- Jack Marchbanks has been appointed to the Ohio Department of Transportation and the administration is recommending an increase in the gas tax to fund infrastructure improvements and maintenance.
- Laurie Stevenson will move into the director post at the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency after serving as the deputy director for business relations and the primary contact for Ohio’s regulated entities.
- Ohio’s legislative leaders have announced key caucus positions, committee chairmanships and committee assignments and OEDA is already monitoring eight pieces of legislation in the Ohio General Assembly.
Are you curious about what all of this means to you and your community?
What is the potential impact to local businesses and key state industries?
Will there be changes Ohio’s economic development strategy and priorities?
For those answers and more,
register today to attend OEDA 360
on May 15, 2019 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown!
This year’s OEDA 360 will include a full line-up of state officials and policy makers discussing priorities and programs to help you understand what these changes mean to you.
Reserve your spot today! Click HERE to register.
One of the Dayton region’s largest manufacturing companies is planning a massive expansion at one of its local facilities.
Cargill Inc., a Minnesota-based provider of food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services, will invest $225 million to expand its integrated soybean crush and refined oils facility in Sidney.
The project will create new jobs and further enhance Cargill’s presence in the region.read more
The Montrose Group released A Rural Development White Paper: A Mandate for Transformation timed in conjunction with a forum held in Circleville, Ohio before 100 economic development, business and community leaders focused on rural economic development. A copy of the white paper can be found at https://montrosegroupllc.com/2019/10/rural-development-whitepaper-a-mandate-for-transformation/.read more
URBANA, Ohio – On November 1, students from Urbana High School were announced as the winners of the second annual Champaign County Design Challenge during the county-level competition at Urbana University. The winning team, consisting of Ron Ragland, Bryant McKenzie, Dale Mason, Bryant Chamberlain, and Johnny Moore, are part of Ohio Hi-Point’s Advanced Manufacturing satellite program at Urbana High School.read more