Research Analyst – JobsOhio
JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
Summary of Position
JobsOhio seeks a research professional to support its mission of attracting new jobs and capital investment to Ohio. The Organization’s research capability and delivery is an important aspect of what differentiates it from other statewide economic development groups around the country. This role helps deliver customized data relevant to company decision makers when considering investment in Ohio. Additionally, research fuels statewide marketing and business development by creating insights about what Ohio has to offer to new and existing businesses.
The Research Analyst position will provide technical assistance to internal and external clients and works in coordination with regional Network Partners. The Research Team provides support for client requests, but also supports strategic planning and business intelligence efforts at JobsOhio.
The Research Analyst will have a strong, working knowledge of data resources with the ability to understand the problem or task, analyze and extract relevant data points from the appropriate tools and provide succinct information using charts, graphs and other formats that tell a story the audience can quickly comprehend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize Research Tools and Methods
- Establish research project plans, and negotiate deadlines accordingly, while maintaining positive rapport with internal clients.
- Utilize new and existing public and proprietary data tools and research methods.
- Assist in transfer of knowledge to other teams.
- Analyze Data
- Identify industry trends, suspects and leads both for existing and new opportunities for Ohio.
- Analyze trends and recommend solutions for increasing efficiency and effectiveness of data synthesis.
- Document processes used in transforming raw data.
- Interpret and Present Data
- Interpret research results and translate into clear recommendations with strong quantitative components and insightful business analysis.
- Identify trends, establish/utilize benchmark data, and present information in clear, concise, and useful formats.
- Identify opportunities and threats to Ohio’s strategic position, market share and business opportunities.
- Quantify and present key assets such as cost and speed of business.
- Explain the results of analysis, and suggest next steps.
- Other Expectations
- Collect and forecast data, draft summaries; curate information; compiling and curating statistics; preparing scheduled and/or ad hoc reports and summaries; recommending next steps.
- Help to develop product and process improvements and innovations that enhance the efficiency and productivity to consistently ensure the accuracy and integrity of all deliverables.
- Learn research tools, best practices and collaborate on new projects.
- Assist with analytical work for active client projects by providing data and presentation materials. Actively participate in client communications, as appropriate.
- 1+ years success working with data collection, tracking, analysis and presentation
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel including the ability to write and execute simple formulas, create charts and graphs, work with multiple tabs, create and manipulate tables, and an understanding of conditional formatting.
- Preferred domain knowledge, tools and techniques include, but are not limited to:
- Economic Research
- Statistical Analysis
- Employer/Industry Research
- Financial Reports Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Competitive Landscape Analysis
- Occupational Research
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Spatial Analysis
- Tax Climate Benchmarking
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Outcome-oriented. Can-do, team orientation, and communication across functions to accomplish key leadership priorities.
- Project management and presentation skills.
- Ability to be nimble and agile. Ability to work in an environment in which priorities may shift rapidly.
- Maintain work quality/attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required in data analytics, public administration, finance, planning, business, economics, finance, accounting, computer science, geography or urban studies.
JobsOhio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, familial status, or veteran status.
Click Here for more information and to Apply Today!
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more