Upcoming OEDA Training Opportunities
Even with the travel limitations imposed by the COVID 19 Pandemic, the Ohio Economic Development Institute continues to offer professional development opportunities.
Recognizing that the profession is under the same travel restrictions as others, OEDA has worked to continue its professional development programming on-line. We are changing the course material and agenda to stress dialogue among the instructors and students.
Of particular note, OEDA has converted the annual Ohio Basic Economic Development Course to an on-line, on-demand, interactive course that provides students with the flexibility to complete the Basic Course on their own schedule.
Here is a list of the upcoming events:
- June 1 – September 30: On-Line OEDA Ohio Basic Economic Development Course
- June 11 – 12, 2020: On-Line OEDI Site Selection and Site Development Course
- July 23 – 24, 2020: OEDI Business Retention and Expansion Course; Dublin, Ohio
- September 17 – 18, 2020: NEW: OEDI Workforce and Talent Acquisition Course, Dublin
- September 29, 2020: NEW: Conference on Planning and Economic Development
- September 30 – October 1: OEDA Annual Summit, Columbus, Ohio
- October, 2020: OhioCED Certification Capstone Course Opoens
We also continue to plan webinars for economic developers on Restarting from COVID 19 and basic economic development tools and skills.
Check out www.ohioeda.com/events for a complete list of OEDA professional programming..
As the economy recovers and Ohio businesses across the state work to stay open or in some cases reopen, JobsOhio’s Northwest Ohio Network Partner, the Regional Growth Partnership, hosting OHZone, a virtual career fair, on Thursday, November 5, 2020.read more
It is time again to start thinking about the Governor’s Cup, awarded by Site Selection magazine every spring.
Although this year presented us with a lot of challenges, Ohio continues to be a leading destination for new business investment and job creation. Through a statewide collaborative effort, we have been able to continue to attract, retain, and grow companies in Ohio.read more
The I70/75 Development Corporation is sponsoring a no-charge online presentation by Louis Gravance, open to all economic developers, on November 6th at 11:30am. Mr. Gravance is a customer service guru and former training designer for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. After almost two decades with Disney, Louie was drafted by Bank of America and ING Financial to help re-think service in the investment industry.read more