Development Director – City of Reynoldsburg
The City of Reynoldsburg is seeking a candidate to fill this full-time, unclassified position of Development Director. Located east of downtown Columbus, Reynoldsburg has approximately 41,000 residents. Qualified candidates must possess a Apply with a detailed resume and a cover letter and include any related certificates & diploma and/or transcript, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to Sandra Boller at 614-322-6875 or mail to: City of Reynoldsburg, Attn: Sandra Boller, 7232 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg OH 43068. Call 614-322-6868 w/questions or visit the web at www.ci.reynoldsburg.oh.us (go to city departments, to human resource, to job opportunities). Salary range is $90,000 – $95,000 with experience with excellent benefits. Deadline to apply is October 11, 2021. The City of Reynoldsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This individual will oversee the Development Department.
- Plans, develops, initiates, directs business/economic development programs/services
- Supervises staff (e.g., approves leave requests/time sheets, recommends discipline, conducts performance evaluations, interviews candidates, recommends applicant for hire, assigns work)
- Assists existing potential businesses/industries; plans, organizes
- Implements a comprehensive economic development program for the City
- Develops support for corridor plans adopted by City Council, economic development policy, tax abatements, and boundary conformation
- Develops economic incentives for businesses/industry
- Meets with members of City Council, school district, community leaders, residents concerning development projects
- Serves as advisor to the Mayor on development /economic growth
- Meets with developers, commercial realtors, Chamber of Commerce members, and search firms concerning business retention/expansion;
- Establishes/maintains relationships with neighboring government agencies;
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZA) and Planning Commission
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economic Development or related field.
- Extensive experience in economic development; experience in a major area of public works, with experience in local government preferred; a minimum of four (4) years of supervision of personnel.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license w/a good record and an excellent background.
The City of Delaware welcomes Cody Hatten as its new Economic Development Coordinator.
Hatten previously served in various capacities with the Lawrence Economic Development Corporation in Lawrence County, Ohio. His positions included Economic Development Specialist and Director of the Convention & Visitors Bureau.read more
The 2022 Ohio Basic Economic Development Course (OBEDC) is an intensive training experience for economic development practitioners, community leaders, local government officials and others committed to building healthy economies for their communities.read more
OEDA has two important sessions taking place in February, 2022 that will be of interest,read more