Development Director – City of Reynoldsburg
The City of Reynoldsburg is seeking a candidate to fill this full-time, unclassified position of Development Director. Located east of downtown Columbus, Reynoldsburg has approximately 41,000 residents. Qualified candidates must possess a Apply with a detailed resume and a cover letter and include any related certificates & diploma and/or transcript, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to Sandra Boller at 614-322-6875 or mail to: City of Reynoldsburg, Attn: Sandra Boller, 7232 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg OH 43068. Call 614-322-6868 w/questions or visit the web at www.ci.reynoldsburg.oh.us (go to city departments, to human resource, to job opportunities). Salary range is $90,000 – $95,000 with experience with excellent benefits. Deadline to apply is October 11, 2021. The City of Reynoldsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This individual will oversee the Development Department.
- Plans, develops, initiates, directs business/economic development programs/services
- Supervises staff (e.g., approves leave requests/time sheets, recommends discipline, conducts performance evaluations, interviews candidates, recommends applicant for hire, assigns work)
- Assists existing potential businesses/industries; plans, organizes
- Implements a comprehensive economic development program for the City
- Develops support for corridor plans adopted by City Council, economic development policy, tax abatements, and boundary conformation
- Develops economic incentives for businesses/industry
- Meets with members of City Council, school district, community leaders, residents concerning development projects
- Serves as advisor to the Mayor on development /economic growth
- Meets with developers, commercial realtors, Chamber of Commerce members, and search firms concerning business retention/expansion;
- Establishes/maintains relationships with neighboring government agencies;
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZA) and Planning Commission
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economic Development or related field.
- Extensive experience in economic development; experience in a major area of public works, with experience in local government preferred; a minimum of four (4) years of supervision of personnel.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license w/a good record and an excellent background.
Governor’s Office Announces First Projects Funded Through New Appalachian Community Grant Program
On March 20, 2023, the Ohio Department of Development issued this statement announcing the first major development projects that will be implemented with funding from Ohio’s $500 million Appalachian Community Grant Program.read more
Progress Update for MLK & Reading Road Redevelopment
Recently, Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) shared an update on how 2022 was a year of working together to create a 21st-century urban district. UCI is pleased to share the latest update on how efforts at the MLK & Reading Road Redevelopment Area in the Cincinnati Innovation District (CID) continue to be the driving force behind the revitalization of the area.read more
Crawford County Announces Available Federal Grant Funding
The Crawford County Commissioners announced today that they are seeking project proposals for community infrastructure and facilities for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding. The Commissioners have selected the Crawford Partnership to facilitate the process, and information will be made available at public hearings, in-person and virtual community meetings, and council meetings, and online at buildcrawford.org.read more