Development Director – City of Reynoldsburg
The City of Reynoldsburg is seeking a candidate to fill this full-time, unclassified position of Development Director. Located east of downtown Columbus, Reynoldsburg has approximately 41,000 residents. Qualified candidates must possess a Apply with a detailed resume and a cover letter and include any related certificates & diploma and/or transcript, via e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to Sandra Boller at 614-322-6875 or mail to: City of Reynoldsburg, Attn: Sandra Boller, 7232 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg OH 43068. Call 614-322-6868 w/questions or visit the web at www.ci.reynoldsburg.oh.us (go to city departments, to human resource, to job opportunities). Salary range is $90,000 – $95,000 with experience with excellent benefits. Deadline to apply is October 11, 2021. The City of Reynoldsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This individual will oversee the Development Department.
- Plans, develops, initiates, directs business/economic development programs/services
- Supervises staff (e.g., approves leave requests/time sheets, recommends discipline, conducts performance evaluations, interviews candidates, recommends applicant for hire, assigns work)
- Assists existing potential businesses/industries; plans, organizes
- Implements a comprehensive economic development program for the City
- Develops support for corridor plans adopted by City Council, economic development policy, tax abatements, and boundary conformation
- Develops economic incentives for businesses/industry
- Meets with members of City Council, school district, community leaders, residents concerning development projects
- Serves as advisor to the Mayor on development /economic growth
- Meets with developers, commercial realtors, Chamber of Commerce members, and search firms concerning business retention/expansion;
- Establishes/maintains relationships with neighboring government agencies;
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZA) and Planning Commission
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economic Development or related field.
- Extensive experience in economic development; experience in a major area of public works, with experience in local government preferred; a minimum of four (4) years of supervision of personnel.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license w/a good record and an excellent background.
The Ohio Export Internship Program matches businesses interested in growing exports with highly motivated college students who have taken export-focused coursework. The Ohio Department of Development offers participating small to medium-sized businesses a 50 percent reimbursement for the wages of the intern.read more
Louis Dreyfus Company (LDC), a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, announced plans for its state-of-the-art soybean processing facility to be located in Wyandot County, Ohio. The project will bolster the region’s economic growth in the critical food and agriculture sector. LDC’s facility will be located just outside of the City of Upper Sandusky; it’s first location in the State of Ohio.read more
The Ohio General Assembly, in its budget bill (HB33) approved July 3, 2023, authorized up to $750 million in state budget resources to the All Ohio Future Fund (R.C. 126.62). The fund is to be used for infrastructure to compete for — and win – more sizeable economic development projects such as the Amazon, Honda-LG, and Intel megaprojects that Ohio landed in recent years.read more