Development Director – City of Reynoldsburg
The City of Reynoldsburg is seeking a candidate to fill this full-time, unclassified position of Development Director. Located east of downtown Columbus, Reynoldsburg has approximately 41,000 residents. Qualified candidates must possess a Apply with a detailed resume and a cover letter and include any related certificates & diploma and/or transcript, via e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to Sandra Boller at 614-322-6875 or mail to: City of Reynoldsburg, Attn: Sandra Boller, 7232 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg OH 43068. Call 614-322-6868 w/questions or visit the web at www.ci.reynoldsburg.oh.us (go to city departments, to human resource, to job opportunities). Salary range is $90,000 – $95,000 with experience with excellent benefits. Deadline to apply is October 11, 2021. The City of Reynoldsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This individual will oversee the Development Department.
- Plans, develops, initiates, directs business/economic development programs/services
- Supervises staff (e.g., approves leave requests/time sheets, recommends discipline, conducts performance evaluations, interviews candidates, recommends applicant for hire, assigns work)
- Assists existing potential businesses/industries; plans, organizes
- Implements a comprehensive economic development program for the City
- Develops support for corridor plans adopted by City Council, economic development policy, tax abatements, and boundary conformation
- Develops economic incentives for businesses/industry
- Meets with members of City Council, school district, community leaders, residents concerning development projects
- Serves as advisor to the Mayor on development /economic growth
- Meets with developers, commercial realtors, Chamber of Commerce members, and search firms concerning business retention/expansion;
- Establishes/maintains relationships with neighboring government agencies;
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZA) and Planning Commission
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economic Development or related field.
- Extensive experience in economic development; experience in a major area of public works, with experience in local government preferred; a minimum of four (4) years of supervision of personnel.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license w/a good record and an excellent background.
Sometimes it only takes a simple conversation, a spark that lights the fire of collaboration and community partnerships. The simple conversations between OhioMeansJobs-Paulding County and the Paulding County Economic Development Office led to a meeting of the minds between the aforementioned pair, Vancrest of Payne, and Northwest State Community College.read more
The Ohio Department of Development (Development) announced today that the application for the new Transformational Mixed-Use Development Program is open. The program provides a tax credit for major, mixed-use developments in Ohio. Applications are now available on Development’s website.read more
Ohio’s 2022-2023 budget recently signed by Governor DeWine, allocates $500 million in new brownfield funding. Funding will be administered by the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) which must adopt rules for allocation of brownfield funding and the demolition program. The rules will determine project eligibility and administration of the program.read more