Development Director – City of Reynoldsburg
The City of Reynoldsburg is seeking a candidate to fill this full-time, unclassified position of Development Director. Located east of downtown Columbus, Reynoldsburg has approximately 41,000 residents. Qualified candidates must possess a Apply with a detailed resume and a cover letter and include any related certificates & diploma and/or transcript, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to Sandra Boller at 614-322-6875 or mail to: City of Reynoldsburg, Attn: Sandra Boller, 7232 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg OH 43068. Call 614-322-6868 w/questions or visit the web at www.ci.reynoldsburg.oh.us (go to city departments, to human resource, to job opportunities). Salary range is $90,000 – $95,000 with experience with excellent benefits. Deadline to apply is October 11, 2021. The City of Reynoldsburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This individual will oversee the Development Department.
- Plans, develops, initiates, directs business/economic development programs/services
- Supervises staff (e.g., approves leave requests/time sheets, recommends discipline, conducts performance evaluations, interviews candidates, recommends applicant for hire, assigns work)
- Assists existing potential businesses/industries; plans, organizes
- Implements a comprehensive economic development program for the City
- Develops support for corridor plans adopted by City Council, economic development policy, tax abatements, and boundary conformation
- Develops economic incentives for businesses/industry
- Meets with members of City Council, school district, community leaders, residents concerning development projects
- Serves as advisor to the Mayor on development /economic growth
- Meets with developers, commercial realtors, Chamber of Commerce members, and search firms concerning business retention/expansion;
- Establishes/maintains relationships with neighboring government agencies;
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZA) and Planning Commission
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economic Development or related field.
- Extensive experience in economic development; experience in a major area of public works, with experience in local government preferred; a minimum of four (4) years of supervision of personnel.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license w/a good record and an excellent background.
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more