Economic Development Program Coordinator – BGSU Center for Regional Development
This position will require a flexible, team player who will assist the Senior Director and Assistant Director with technical assistance, applied research, data compilation/analysis/visualization, project administration, oral presentations, & report writing in the area of community & economic development and program evaluation.
Position Schedule: Full time position is fully remote with occasional travel for projects and meetings as required within northwest Ohio.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct collection (through surveys, interviews, and focus groups), analysis, and visualization of economic and demographic data for a range of private, public, and non-profit stakeholders.
- Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors on program evaluation and economic, community, and workforce development projects in the region.
- Identify and write grant proposals for applied research projects that improve economic, community, and workforce development in the region.
- Develop written reports and oral presentations to communicate research, data, and thought leadership to stakeholders.
- Coordinate logistics and speakers for annual State of the Region conference.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Knowledge of economic development policies and practices in Ohio As well as program evaluation techniques and practices.
- Skill in manipulating Census, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other data using data tools such as Tableau, ArcGIS, and R.
- Skill in conducting economic impact analysis using IMPLAN and presenting results in a graphically appealing way using tools such as Publisher and Adobe Illustrator.
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct applied research, data compilation/analysis, data visualization, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of program evaluation and community, workforce and economic development.
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Bachelor’s degree in Public administration, political science, data analytics, economics, city and regional planning or another related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 1 year of work experience in economic, workforce, or community development
The following education and experience are preferred:
- Master’s degree in Public administration, political science, data analytics, economics, city and regional planning or another related field
- 1 year of experience in project management, program evaluation, or survey research
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: April 28, 2022
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
At OEDA, we are thankful for our members who are passionately committed to the success of their communities and advancing Ohio’s economy. Over the past year, we’ve appreciated having you as part of our community of economic development professionals and are grateful for the opportunity to be your partner again in 2023.read more
As your partner for success at every step of your career, OEDA strives to provide high-impact training opportunities for our members each year. The foundation of that training is our Basic Economic Development Course (Ohio BEDC). This year’s course will be held from May 1-4 in Dublin, Ohio, and Early Bird Registration is open from now until March 1.read more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Workforce Collaborative hosted its first meeting of the year on Thursday, January 19. With almost 40 individuals present, representing schools, businesses, service providers, and community organizations, members reviewed accomplishments from 2022, established a new meeting structure for 2023, and discussed how their current efforts can continue to meet the needs of the local community.read more