Economic Rural Development Coordinator Center for Regional Development – Bowling Green State University
The rural development program coordinator supports and promotes the Center for Regional Development’s (CRD) mission of improving the lives of residents of northwest Ohio through economic and community development. In partnership with the Maumee Valley Planning Organization (MVPO), the position assists the Senior Director and Assistant Director by implementing CRD’s scope of work related to its United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Rural Community Development Initiative program. Under the direction of the CRD Senior Director and the Executive Director of MVPO, the rural development program coordinator will develop programs and plans related to the expansion of broadband, lead abatement training, and economic and community development projects in the five-county MVPO region. To ensure connection with the communities being served, this position will be based at MVPO’s offices in Defiance. This position is a grant-funded position and is contingent upon the availability of future external funding.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct collection, analysis, and visualization of economic and demographic data for a range of private, public, and non-profit stakeholders to assist in rural development planning efforts including in the areas of housing and broadband expansion.
- Interact and engage with external stakeholders from the private, public, and non-profit sectors on rural development efforts.
- Identify and write grant proposals for applied research projects that improve economic, community, and workforce development in the region.
- Develop written reports and oral presentations to communicate research, data, and thought leadership to stakeholders in the areas of housing and broadband expansion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of rural development programs and best practices as well as rural broadband deployment and housing policy.
- Knowledge of the economic and community development planning process, including stakeholder engagement techniques.
- Skill in manipulating Census, Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics and other data using data tools such as Tableau, ArcGIS, and R.
- Skill in conducting economic impact analysis using IMPLAN and presenting results in a graphically appealing way using tools such as Publisher and Adobe Illustrator.
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to foster partnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct applied research, data compilation/analysis, data visualization, project administration, oral presentations, and report writing in the area of community and economic development.
Bachelor’s degree required in public administration, political science, data analytics, economics, city and regional planning or another relevant field. Successful candidate must have degree conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years’ experience in economic, workforce, or community development including report-writing
Master’s degree in public administration, economics, political science, data analytics, city and regional planning or another relevant field
The following experience is preferred:
- 1-2 years’ experience in rural community development
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: November 2, 2020
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
OEDA announces and congratulates the 2021 class of OhioCEDS — Best in Class Ohio Certified Economic Developers
Congratulations to the 2021 Certified OhioCED Economic Development Professionalsread more
(Wilmington, Ohio) The Clinton County Port Authority is pleased to congratulate David Riggs, Director of the SBDC at Miami Regionals, for being named Ohio’s SBDC State Star in 2021.
America’s SBDC, the national association that represents the nationwide network of Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs), annually recognizes one outstanding SBDC employee from each of its 62 members. This outstanding employee exhibits exemplary performance, makes a significant contribution to their state or regional SBDC program, and shows a strong commitment to small business. Using a peer-based selection process, the Ohio SBDC network selected David Riggs for Ohio’s SBDC State Star.read more
Tiffin Foundry and Machine has announced it will purchase new machinery and hire more staff with assistance from a $50,000 JobsOhio Inclusion Grant. Tiffin Foundry has eight employees in Tiffin, and has an additional operation in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
JobsOhio’s grant, secured with assistance from the Regional Growth Partnership, will support a planned $321,923 in machinery and equipment upgrades and three new jobs. In addition, Tiffin Foundry and Machine worked with Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership and OhioMeansJobs – Seneca County on other potential incentives to support the company’s growth.read more