Governor’s Cup Submissions, Deadline Nov. 23
It is time again to start thinking about the Governor’s Cup, awarded by Site Selection magazine every spring.
Although this year presented us with a lot of challenges, Ohio continues to be a leading destination for new business investment and job creation. Through a statewide collaborative effort, we have been able to continue to attract, retain, and grow companies in Ohio.
Showcase this success by submitting the economic development projects you’ve won to the Governor’s Cup submission portal HERE until November 23, 2020.
Conway Data uses the collected data to determine rankings for Site Selection’s Governor’s Cup submission. This is significant for a couple of reasons:
- First, from a marketing and sales perspective, positive rankings help attract investment opportunities to the state of Ohio and the metropolitan and micropolitan areas that place high on the list.
- Second, JobsOhio can work with our network partners, as well as the Ohio Development Services Agency, to analyze details of projects won outside of those that JobsOhio assists. This data is crucial to refining our strategies and resources to grow Ohio as a desirable location for economic development.
Projects that meet one or more of the following criteria will be considered:
- Employee growth: 20 or more new jobs created
- Square footage: 20,000 or more of new or expanded facility space
- Capital investment: $1 million or more for construction, land, or building
Manufacturing, distribution, office, data centers, call centers, and R&D projects are all eligible for submission. A project is more likely to be accepted when the local economic development organization supplies more than one of the qualifying data criteria above to the Governor’s Cup submission portal.
The deadline for 2020 submissions is November 23, 2020. All 2020 projects received after November 23, 2020 will be reviewed as possible 2021 submissions. For more information, please contact Stuart Moynihan at (614) 215-9322.
Ohio’s Joint Economic Development District (JEDD) program is the major state program that enables collaboration among municipalities and townships to encourage investment and job creation. Over the past few years, the JEDD program has undergone a number of significant changes that impact on its practical use.read more
I first met Dan in the fall of 2016. I had moved to Central Ohio over the late holiday season in 2015 to begin serving as the new Director of GROW Licking County CIC, Dan’s former role. I was immediately struck by many in the community who worried that I would “not be enough,” that the “shoes were too big,” and that “Dan was larger than life.” And they were right.read more
The Ohio Economic Development Association’s annual Excellence Awards program recognizes the achievements of individuals and organizations in Ohio in the areas of economic and workforce development. Submit your nominations today and have excellence in your community recognized statewide!
A panel of judges will evaluate the nominations, determine finalists, and select a winner for each of the categories noted below. Award winners will be announced in conjunction with the 2022 OEDA Annual Summit, being held October 3-6 at the Exchange at Bridge Park in Dublin, Ohio.read more