Governor’s Cup Submissions, Deadline Nov. 23
It is time again to start thinking about the Governor’s Cup, awarded by Site Selection magazine every spring.
Although this year presented us with a lot of challenges, Ohio continues to be a leading destination for new business investment and job creation. Through a statewide collaborative effort, we have been able to continue to attract, retain, and grow companies in Ohio.
Showcase this success by submitting the economic development projects you’ve won to the Governor’s Cup submission portal HERE until November 23, 2020.
Conway Data uses the collected data to determine rankings for Site Selection’s Governor’s Cup submission. This is significant for a couple of reasons:
- First, from a marketing and sales perspective, positive rankings help attract investment opportunities to the state of Ohio and the metropolitan and micropolitan areas that place high on the list.
- Second, JobsOhio can work with our network partners, as well as the Ohio Development Services Agency, to analyze details of projects won outside of those that JobsOhio assists. This data is crucial to refining our strategies and resources to grow Ohio as a desirable location for economic development.
Projects that meet one or more of the following criteria will be considered:
- Employee growth: 20 or more new jobs created
- Square footage: 20,000 or more of new or expanded facility space
- Capital investment: $1 million or more for construction, land, or building
Manufacturing, distribution, office, data centers, call centers, and R&D projects are all eligible for submission. A project is more likely to be accepted when the local economic development organization supplies more than one of the qualifying data criteria above to the Governor’s Cup submission portal.
The deadline for 2020 submissions is November 23, 2020. All 2020 projects received after November 23, 2020 will be reviewed as possible 2021 submissions. For more information, please contact Stuart Moynihan at (614) 215-9322.
About three months ago, we launched our Recovery Within Reach campaign, a first-of-its-kind effort to educate Ohioans about the financial effects of opioid addiction — and to connect them with treatment options close to their homes.
Our goal is to create a new way of talking about addiction, one in which people consider the facts and practical realities of how substance use disorder affects their lives. Not long ago, Gov. Mike DeWine challenged all of us in state government to think of ways we could help Ohioans navigate the opioid crisis that has affected our state for so long. For us, that meant considering the financial effects of addiction — and providing tools and trainings to help Ohioans and financial advisers talk about addiction and access care.read more
Uptown Consortium, Inc. (UCI) received $45 million in New Markets Tax Credits, which it will use to spur development in transformational projects in Uptown Cincinnati.read more
Newark Development Partners (NDP), the community improvement corporation for the City of Newark, continues to further development in the Downtown through various projects. The sale of the Hudson Avenue Church with surrounding property, the renewal of the Downtown Special Improvement District and the commencement of construction at the Historic Arcade are all recent successes for the City of Newark.read more